Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2020, 07:49 AM   #2091 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
my phone andriod wont connect to my Laptop ive tried everything ive opened it up all sort of ways hes practialy naked ..????
Could be the cord. Some cords only charge, and some are charge and data transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You named your phone Andriod?
He also has a beeper named André.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #2092 (permalink)
I'm back, baby! Again.
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staring out my window at a world that has changed fundamentally
Posts: 22,147
Default

Need your help guys. Friend of mine has asked for a secure way to search and then have the search history vanish, as she put it, even if the cops search my computer. Now I don't know what she's searching and I ain't gonna ask, but I have no idea how to achieve this. Does anyone know of a secure way to make this happen?

If one of you does, but has a moral objection to passing on such information I understand; that's your choice. But it would help if I could get some assistance here.

Thanks.
TH
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:06 AM   #2093 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 43,652
Default

TH has kiddie porn.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:16 AM   #2094 (permalink)
I'm back, baby! Again.
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staring out my window at a world that has changed fundamentally
Posts: 22,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
TH has kiddie porn.
Sssh! God damn I do not like kids; I'll be damned if I'll watch porn starring them. Now kitty porn, that's another thing entirely!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #2095 (permalink)
I'm back, baby! Again.
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staring out my window at a world that has changed fundamentally
Posts: 22,147
Default

Here's another question, this time from me.
I realise that USB flash drives are not the best medium for storing backups, but is there any reason why say the first two or three folders might copy over, then the rest end up empty? I've found this happening with every transfer; thought it was just my music files but I've gone back since and checked the video files too and the same thing - you get like maybe Star Trek TOS, folder, all files; Star Trek Next Gen, folder, all files; then Star Trek DS9, folder, empty; Star Trek Voyager, folder, all empty and so on. Can't figure that out. Do USB flash drives have some sort of limitation with doing this, and added to that, does anyone know of decent online storage (happy to pay, not expecting free) that would give me say 2 to 4 tb to store these files? One that is reliable? I see one that does 10TB but they look exceptionally dodgy and I would not trust them.

I've had issues with the drive most of my films and TV shows and music files are on, and I'm afraid one of these days soon it may just clap out, which is why I need backup. Drives of the same capacity (6 tb) are still very expensive, and even buying 6 x 1 tb will be a considerable outlay, though if I have to I guess I will.

Any advice welcome.
Thanks
TH
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #2096 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 43,652
Default

Did you have to tell us how nerdy you are while describing your problem?
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #2097 (permalink)
I'm back, baby! Again.
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staring out my window at a world that has changed fundamentally
Posts: 22,147
Default

Yes.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #2098 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Here's another question, this time from me.
I realise that USB flash drives are not the best medium for storing backups, but is there any reason why say the first two or three folders might copy over, then the rest end up empty? I've found this happening with every transfer; thought it was just my music files but I've gone back since and checked the video files too and the same thing - you get like maybe Star Trek TOS, folder, all files; Star Trek Next Gen, folder, all files; then Star Trek DS9, folder, empty; Star Trek Voyager, folder, all empty and so on. Can't figure that out. Do USB flash drives have some sort of limitation with doing this, and added to that, does anyone know of decent online storage (happy to pay, not expecting free) that would give me say 2 to 4 tb to store these files? One that is reliable? I see one that does 10TB but they look exceptionally dodgy and I would not trust them.

I've had issues with the drive most of my films and TV shows and music files are on, and I'm afraid one of these days soon it may just clap out, which is why I need backup. Drives of the same capacity (6 tb) are still very expensive, and even buying 6 x 1 tb will be a considerable outlay, though if I have to I guess I will.

Any advice welcome.
Thanks
TH
I've used external hard drives and SyncToy for physical backups for years, and will usually upgrade to a new larger one every few years. I have one for my personal stuff, and one for work. I also have a 200GB Google Drive account, and a 2 TB DropBox account I use for sharing files from home/work and for sending links to larger files that won't fit through an email bottleneck.

As far as files not copying over, it might be that the files are too large for the flash drive, or the flash drive in question is formatted to FAT32 and needs to be reformatted to NTFS. FAT32 format will only save files under 4GB, so that's why some will appear to have been copied and others are missing.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:08 AM   #2099 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Need your help guys. Friend of mine has asked for a secure way to search and then have the search history vanish, as she put it, even if the cops search my computer. Now I don't know what she's searching and I ain't gonna ask, but I have no idea how to achieve this. Does anyone know of a secure way to make this happen?

If one of you does, but has a moral objection to passing on such information I understand; that's your choice. But it would help if I could get some assistance here.

Thanks.
TH
Ctrl+Shift+N while in a browser.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:21 AM   #2100 (permalink)
I'm back, baby! Again.
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staring out my window at a world that has changed fundamentally
Posts: 22,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I've used external hard drives and SyncToy for physical backups for years, and will usually upgrade to a new larger one every few years. I have one for my personal stuff, and one for work. I also have a 200GB Google Drive account, and a 2 TB DropBox account I use for sharing files from home/work and for sending links to larger files that won't fit through an email bottleneck.

As far as files not copying over, it might be that the files are too large for the flash drive, or the flash drive in question is formatted to FAT32 and needs to be reformatted to NTFS. FAT32 format will only save files under 4GB, so that's why some will appear to have been copied and others are missing.
Thanks Plankton. I actually have the drives formatted to EXFAT, then I changed to NTFS but same thing. They're probably just crap drives. They were very cheap - 10 Euro for a 512 GB one, so maybe just fool me once, and all that.

FYI I've found, so far anyway, an online backup service that claims to offer unlimited storage for 7.95/month. Trying it out for 15 days free, so far no problems. I have approx 18 tb to upload so it's going to take a hell of a long time, probably go over the free period, but by then I should know if it's going to be worth it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Ctrl+Shift+N while in a browser.
Thanks. I'll tell her. Appreciate it.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.