What Kind Of Cellphone Do You Use? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
BobLobLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a place. With a bed.
Posts: 107
Default

A cheap red Sony Ericsson.

It doesn't have a lot of memory. Seriously, I've only taken like ten pictures and it's already full.
__________________
"I just want to be perfect."
BobLobLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Oojay, I can't believe you work in the wireless business and you own an iPhone 4. Wow that's all I have to say to that.

I'm saving up for a Motorola i1 or I might get the Atrix 4G once it gets released.
The iPhone 4 does everything that I need it to. Most "tech" people prefer Android, but I don't really like it. While it is more customizable, it is also more prone to viruses and cyber attacks. Plus the OS isn't as smooth or refined as iOS. People point out that Android OS is out-selling iOS (about 33% of market share vs. 24%), but keep in mind that there only 3 handsets in production that run iOS, and hundreds that run Android. So on a per-phone basis, iOS actually wins.

I would recommend staying away from the Motorola i1. It is only running Android OS 1.6, and will never get any updates. Also, the iDEN network that it runs off of has one foot in the grave.

The Atrix 4G is awesome (it has a biometric lock on it), but I've had several returns on it lately, with most citing that it freezes up and stalls too often.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,480
Default

I have the iPhone 3G. I've had it for 2 years now, so I am eligible for an upgrade. I'll probably get another iPhone. My friend has an Android, and it just doesn't appeal to me.
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
yes, they are!
I heard Android isn't that great though. A couple of my friends have had their phones messed up from glitches and such with the Android OS.

Edit: just saw oojay's post. I have to agree there.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
The iPhone 4 does everything that I need it to. Most "tech" people prefer Android, but I don't really like it. While it is more customizable, it is also more prone to viruses and cyber attacks. Plus the OS isn't as smooth or refined as iOS. People point out that Android OS is out-selling iOS (about 33% of market share vs. 24%), but keep in mind that there only 3 handsets in production that run iOS, and hundreds that run Android. So on a per-phone basis, iOS actually wins.

I would recommend staying away from the Motorola i1. It is only running Android OS 1.6, and will never get any updates. Also, the iDEN network that it runs off of has one foot in the grave.

The Atrix 4G is awesome (it has a biometric lock on it), but I've had several returns on it lately, with most citing that it freezes up and stalls too often.
Thanks for the heads up on the i1. I will just get the Atrix then. For me, being able to customize beats out every other reason to get an iPhone plus I can't buy any apple product. I hate Steve Jobs too much for him to get my money.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,890
Default

I have the Rumor 2 which I only use for texting and calling. Not paying 15 bucks a month for internet service when I have access to an actual computer.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
Default

i have the nokia E66 . i love it!!
__________________
<Link removed by moderator>
ahaykal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the i1. I will just get the Atrix then. For me, being able to customize beats out every other reason to get an iPhone plus I can't buy any apple product. I hate Steve Jobs too much for him to get my money.
Why do you hate Steve Jobs so much? Is it him as a person, or his company, or his products? I'm kind of in the dark here man. I love Apple's products, with or without Steve Jobs behind them.

And I would stay away from any iDEN phone (they're model numbers all start with an "i" followed by some numbers.) They run off of the old Nextel network that Sprint purchased years ago, but they don't utilize any of Sprint's towers (which are all CDMA). And Sprint is truning the iDEN network off at the end of 2011, unless they can sell it to T-Mobile (which doesn't look very likely at this point).

If you are looking at the Motorola Atrix, you might also check out the HTC Inspire. The Inspire has a bigger screen (4.3'' vs 4.0''), same speed processor (1 GHz), same OS (ships with Android 2.2, later upgradeable to 2.3), and a better camera (8 MP vs 5 MP). The Atrix also has MotoBlur, which most people tend to get tired of after a while.

Last edited by [MERIT]; 03-19-2011 at 09:41 PM.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Why do you hate Steve Jobs so much? Is it him as a person, or his company, or his products? I'm kind of in the dark here man. I love Apple's products, with or without Steve Jobs behind them.

And I would stay away from any iDEN phone (they're model numbers all start with an "i" followed by some numbers.) They run off of the old Nextel network that Sprint purchased years ago, buy they don't utilize any of Sprint's towers (which are all CDMA). And Sprint is truning the iDEN network off at the end of 2011, unless they can sell it to T-Mobile (which doesn't look very likely at this point).

If you are looking at the Motorola Atrix, you might also check out the HTC Inspire. The Inspire has a bigger screen (4.3'' vs 4.0''), same speed processor (1 GHz), same OS (ships with Android 2.2, later upgradeable to 2.3), and a better camera (8 MP vs 5 MP). The Atrix also has MotoBlur, which most people tend to get tired of after a while.
the main reason I was going to get the i1 is because I'm on Boost's plan and my uncle still contacts me via the chirp thing.


As for my apple rant well here I go.

It all started when i was looking for mp3 players at Best Buy one day years ago. I put up an iPod next to a creative zen player to compare the video demos and iPod's video quality was just not up to par. So, I'm like why the eff are people paying more for something of sub quality? Oh that's right because it's popular and Apple likes to boast that they are user friendly. Bleh whatever I want quality for my money. If you are going to rape my wallet at least give me top notch quality.

Ever since that faithful day, I have been anti-Apple. Then it ventures into the whole idea that Steve Jobs doesn't want to allow flash on iPhones and I hate how iTunes is instilled into everything and I just hate iTunes in general. **** paying a dollar for each single. I bought a zune and I'm happy with their zune pass even though I do download with torrents and mediafire from time to time as well. I just hate how apple products are so restricting and there isn't too much wiggle room for customization. I would NEVER buy an iPhone, iPad or anything of that nature. I will always look for a far superior product. If I wanted a tablet. I would get a Xoom, far superior than both the iPad and the iPad2.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,480
Default

The reason they don't allow flash is because it's so unstable. Flash is fucking up my computer right now actually! And the reason they aren't customizable is all because of design. The more options there are, the higher the chance is of something going wrong. It's also pretty pointless. Back in the day I used to think the same way. I hated that Facebook wasn't customizable, and that Myspace was. I can't change my background? I can't edit my profile? This is shit! You could do anything you wanted on Myspace! But once I learned more and more about design, I realized why. Apple's design is unbelievable. Their stores, their products, their packaging, their advertising, etc. I think that's why I like them so much! It's the designer in me.
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.