Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #81 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
so what? why live your life based off of stats of what may or may not happen?

just face the facts that she's more emotionally mature than you were at that age and let her live her life.

If she wants to get married then so be it. She could end up staying married to him for decades.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #82 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 537
Default

I want to bring peace to the world.

Just kidding, that's bullshit.

I just want to fill my life with things that make me moderately content, so when I die, I'm not all mad at myself.
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #83 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
I don't wanna change the world, I'm not looking for a New England I'm just lookin for another girl.


I want to own a building with a bistro/cafe on the bottom floor and a modest apartment complex upstairs. It'll be near a nice, not too crowded beach (thinkin San Diego or Santa Cruz but the food scene down there is not so great from what I hear) and I'll have a boat and surf boards. I'll work at the bistro during the afternoon/daytime with a small, friendly staff and get stoned or drunk or go surf or skate or play music or hang out with women and/or friends after work.

One day...
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #84 (permalink)
WILDFIRE
 
Dulce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 232
Default

my fantasy dream is to someday party with the offspring, young the giant, the neighbourhood, tame impala, muse, metallica, and many other bands.

my future dream is to get married, have twins, fly my own jet, own an island, give back to the community and die happily.
Dulce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post

just face the facts that she's more emotionally mature than you were at that age
...Why? Because she wants to get married?
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #86 (permalink)
Shoo Thoughts
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: These Mountains
Posts: 2,292
Default

Call no man unhappy until he is married - Socrates. Haha. I didn't enjoy being married, I loved her, but it felt different once the knot was tied, like less of a choice and more of an obligation.

Don't see the point in it myself. If you're in love, enjoy it and hope it lasts. Because it might not.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Call no man unhappy until he is married - Socrates. Haha. I didn't enjoy being married, I loved her, but it felt different once the knot was tied, like less of a choice and more of an obligation.

Don't see the point in it myself. If you're in love, enjoy it and hope it lasts. Because it might not.
Thats what I am always telling my friends. Marriage is simply an institution set up by our government today. I have nothing against it but why rush into it, I mean if you are together, living togther, spending time together, hell even raising children together..marriage or not does not really make that big a difference.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #88 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
Thats what I am always telling my friends. Marriage is simply an institution set up by our government today. I have nothing against it but why rush into it, I mean if you are together, living togther, spending time together, hell even raising children together..marriage or not does not really make that big a difference.
Marriage makes a big difference as far as taxes are related and all the other benefits you can get by claiming you are married on different forms. The main reason I want to get married is for those budget/monetary reasons. You can go ahead and shun the institution all you want but it does have benefits. Why do you think gay couples are fighting so hard for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
...Why? Because she wants to get married?
Yes, she wants to get married and take those important steps in life earlier than you do. that doesn't mean that it's doomed. Just because it doesn't work out for some people doesn't mean that it won't work out for her.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #89 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Yes, she wants to get married and take those important steps in life earlier than you do. that doesn't mean that it's doomed. Just because it doesn't work out for some people doesn't mean that it won't work out for her.
Wanting to get married when you're a teenager is more often than not a sign that you're a dumb kid, which is the opposite of being mature. If you're thinking about getting married at that young an age then maybe you should look at the stats just in case it gets through that maybe, just maybe, your little high school fantasy might not be the best idea.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Wanting to get married when you're a teenager is more often than not a sign that you're a dumb kid, which is the opposite of being mature. If you're thinking about getting married at that young an age then maybe you should look at the stats just in case it gets through that maybe, just maybe, your little high school fantasy might not be the best idea.
This. I think everyone in the first serious relationship they have thinks it will be the end all be all for them.

Everyone should experience serious heartbreak and/or someone cheating on them in life. Not because i want them to feel pain but to learn about themselves and realize the other sex is human just like you and we all make mistakes.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500

Last edited by Dr_Rez; 11-07-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.