Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #121 (permalink)
Stardate 3012.4
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,732
Default

Before I joined MusicBanter I belonged to a fan-site for a band. I found my self spending more and time in the general music section talking about other bands. There was this one particular member who always found fault with what I said, when he was modded he got worse. e.g. If I said one of their least like songs was good, he had take issue with that. It didn't make sense anymore. I thought 'why am I defending the very band the site is dedicated to to a mod?" It just I guess it ran it course, being devoted just to one band the post became redundant. I made a few friends there from different parts of the globe. They were really great people. I miss them. But I couldn't take that one guy always contradicting me.

I remember I was looking for a music site back in the fall of '08. Now this is about a year and a few month after SuperBad was release. I was looking for a site that would talk about German music. This site came up in the google returns I click on the link and there was this picture of a ****** something that would look like Seth from SuperBad would draw. I didn't know whether I should complain about it or let go since I wasn't a member. besides I didn't want to hassle mods. But then I was what world kinda of site is that that the mods would tolerate spam like that.

Six months later I joined MusicBanter. I was searching stuff about Prog bands and MusicBanter came up in returns. It was Boo Boo posts about Prog that drew me in, and I thought well this might be the site I was looking for.

It was before long I release that this site was full of Aunt Norrises that complained about every little thing - comas, spelling, grammar; and the "everyone is posting in the lounge and no one talking about music" complaints, and a slew of other issues. Then it was maybe only a few weeks later and it dawn on this is the site that had the SuperBad-like spam in the German music thread. It had a massive amount of bickering and fighting. I felt like MB was somewhere between Lord of the Flies and Survival Island. (That is my first and most lasting impression of this site.)

I be the first to admit I am probably the most peripheral member here, I'm not in the in crowd or part of any clique. I don't post a lot because I get the feeling I have horrible taste in music - that older or newer bands I like are irrelevant. Yet the desire to talk about music draws me back in even though I don't, and the fact there are a few people this place unique.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,194
Default

RIP MURDER JUNKIE

I still miss your explicit avatars.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #123 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I be the first to admit I am probably the most peripheral member here, I'm not in the in crowd or part of any clique.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #124 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
There used to be this guy called Thebig3killedmyraindog who was a complete & utter total cu... oh there he is.

Hi Brennan
Was?
TheBig3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #125 (permalink)
Imperfectly Perfect
 
Kevorkian Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Was?
I knew it .

Also what happened to hui? What was the drama with him again? I think I combined him, oojay, Cory Allen into an amalgam of a poster post I called Dwight, so I get their stories confused.
__________________
"it is only through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect that a certain type of perfection can be attained"
Kevorkian Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #126 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Dwight got them aliens?
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #127 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,730
Default

I just missed the whole Coreyallen2 saga when I joined but I've heard plenty about how annoying he was.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #128 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
I knew it .
Knew that I was Big3? It says it, just on two lines now.
TheBig3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #129 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I be the first to admit I am probably the most peripheral member here, I'm not in the in crowd or part of any clique. I don't post a lot because I get the feeling I have horrible taste in music - that older or newer bands I like are irrelevant. Yet the desire to talk about music draws me back in even though I don't, and the fact there are a few people this place unique.
For the record, I think you have one of the best, most interesting and most eclectic tastes in music on MB.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #130 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Neapolitan...taste in music is as personal to an individual as it gets.
In other words, there's no such thing as a, "horrible taste in music". (not strictly true, but thats a matter of opinion, proving my point...kind of)
Besides, I never had you down for having a bad taste in music.

Post count? I think when I left MB (on a regular basis) my post count averaged something like 5 posts per day at it's highest.
After I was modded, I'd even say 50% of those posts were made moderating the boards.

"Yet the desire to talk about music draws me back in even though I don't, and the fact there are a few people this place unique"

Going off what you say here ^...we're very similar members.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.