Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #3161 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Haha. No worries.

It really is a beauty. A 6 inch schmidt-cassegrain design, fully motorised, built in computer system with over 2000 objects, and a host of eyepieces and filters, just need to get myself a mains extension and some clear nights. It's one of these:

Do those 2000 objects include sexy neighbours with an aversion to curtains?
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:53 AM   #3162 (permalink)
Shoo Thoughts
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: These Mountains
Posts: 2,292
Default

Haha. I'll program it in!
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:03 PM   #3163 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Aux-In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: In Time
Posts: 467
Default

That feeling when you've had the same car battery since 2008. Even though you know you should replace it, and you've seen the read-out that says its charge is low, you don't, because you've never had a problem with it, and you want to continue living on the edge. Sure, one day your car isn't going to start when you need it to, but why temp fate at this point by changing it out? Run that sucker into the ground, I say.
__________________
Journal l List l Reviews l YouTube Playlist
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #3164 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aux-in View Post
That feeling when you've had the same car battery since 2008. Even though you know you should replace it, and you've seen the read-out that says its charge is low, you don't, because you've never had a problem with it, and you want to continue living on the edge. Sure, one day your car isn't going to start when you need it to, but why temp fate at this point by changing it out? Run that sucker into the ground, I say.
Rock n Roll man, Rock n Roll.
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #3165 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Haha. No worries.

It really is a beauty. A 6 inch schmidt-cassegrain design, fully motorised, built in computer system with over 2000 objects, and a host of eyepieces and filters, just need to get myself a mains extension and some clear nights. It's one of these:


Is that... is that one of those telescopes that can actually look into space? If so, then I may or may not beat you to death and steal it. Nothing personal.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:34 PM   #3166 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
built in computer system with over 2000 objects,
Huh? What does this have to do with looking at space?
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #3167 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Huh? What does this have to do with looking at space?
I'm assuming it has a computer with preprogrammed co-ordinates.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #3168 (permalink)
Shoo Thoughts
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: These Mountains
Posts: 2,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Huh? What does this have to do with looking at space?
Say you wanna look at the Andromeda galaxy, even under the darkest skies it's a faint object and tricky to locate. Ordinarily you'd locate the constellation Pegasus, look to it's upper left-most star, then go 3 constellation stars to the right, then go up around 2 degrees, then look slightly to the right, and the Andromeda galaxy will be in that area of the sky. Finding it with a powerful telescope is even more difficult because it focuses on a tiny area of the sky and so every movement is exagerated.

With a computerised system, you simply type in the number for the Andromeda galaxy on the key pad, and press Go To, and a few seconds later it's there in your eyepiece.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #3169 (permalink)
Crusher of tiny Nords
 
Carpe Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ugly Bag of Mostly Water
Posts: 1,143
Default

Damn dawg, nice toy. We have a Celestron Nexstar also, though not sure which model. Actually, it's technically the other person's. Actually, all his stuff is mine.

I have a telescope and don't remember how much it cost me.
__________________
[SIG][/SIG]
Mirth is King


Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #3170 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Say you wanna look at the Andromeda galaxy, even under the darkest skies it's a faint object and tricky to locate. Ordinarily you'd locate the constellation Pegasus, look to it's upper left-most star, then go 3 constellation stars to the right, then go up around 2 degrees, then look slightly to the right, and the Andromeda galaxy will be in that area of the sky. Finding it with a powerful telescope is even more difficult because it focuses on a tiny area of the sky and so every movement is exagerated.

With a computerised system, you simply type in the number for the Andromeda galaxy on the key pad, and press Go To, and a few seconds later it's there in your eyepiece.
Have you checked Uranus for Klingons yet?
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.