Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Oh you need to do your research Horrid, I'm from New Zealand and it has nothing to do with my nationality or ancestors. Oh and guess what? I have Irish blood!

Seriously, what's your problem? Calling people Yanks is fecking rude. You're not better than anybody. Is there something wrong to be an American?

I shouldn't be feeding the troll but sometimes I just need to laugh at ignorance.
Lmao. Yep, you and your mother think you're Irish. I guess Australians are now trying to be like yanks. You should head back to Ireland to discover your ancestral roots. Just like the guy from Boston. No wonder he's getting pissed off, everyone from Boston is obviously Irish. Even though they all speak English.. And have English surnames. Oh, and they're all German as well.
Hagrid is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Stardate 3012.4
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
Lmao. Yep, you and your mother think you're Irish. I guess Australians are now trying to be like yanks. You should head back to Ireland to discover your ancestral roots. Just like the guy from Boston. No wonder he's getting pissed off, everyone from Boston is obviously Irish. Even though they all speak English.. And have English surnames. Oh, and they're all German as well.
You must be Irish too if you have all this knowledge of Irish history & genealogy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
You must be Irish too if you have all this knowledge of Irish history & genealogy.
Knowing that yanks from Boston call themselves Irish because of their grandparents or even more absurdly great grandparents+ doesn't mean I'm an expert about geneaology. I'm simply pointing out that yanks are all stupid.
Hagrid is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 06:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,353
Default

this has went from irritating to just boring, you're not even trying man this is just sad
James is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
this has went from irritating to just boring, you're not even trying man this is just sad
Scottish yank sympathiser. What's your ancestry then? You're probably French-Scots-Irish considering you love of yanks.
Hagrid is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
Scottish yank sympathiser. What's your ancestry then? You're probably French-Scots-Irish considering you love of yanks.
Nothing but Scottish as far as tracing can go. Wildly indifferent.
James is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Nothing but Scottish as far as tracing can go. Wildly indifferent.
Then what's the problem? Yanks think they're Scottish because some guy and his wife immigrated 200 years ago. You'd probably like to twang their members considering you're defending them.
Hagrid is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
Then what's the problem? Yanks think they're Scottish because some guy and his wife immigrated 200 years ago. You'd probably like to twang their members considering you're defending them.
It's just an accident of geography. Nationality doesn't actually mean anything. Borders are made up and don't actually define who we are.
James is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
Stardate 3012.4
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
Knowing that yanks from Boston call themselves Irish because of their grandparents or even more absurdly great grandparents+ doesn't mean I'm an expert about geneaology. I'm simply pointing out that yanks are all stupid.
And you know this because you live up north? Where? Boston?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's just an accident of geography. Nationality doesn't actually mean anything. Borders are made up and don't actually define who we are.
I knew it. You should move to Canada. Because in your eyes they're more Scottish there than in Scotland. Mind you, they're French and German too.
Hagrid is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.