Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Drama, yay or nay?
Love a bit of drama; livens the place up. Only pussies fear drama! 6 27.27%
Hate drama; keep it out of the forum 5 22.73%
Like it but not too much of it and it should stop when it looks to be getting out of hand 6 27.27%
Don't care either way 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
exotica
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 5,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Where are you from that "doll" rhymes with "troll"?
Hicksville. I guess elsewhere they are "slant rhymes."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Mooney (from YouTube)

Steve Howe is a gift to humanity. His Mother should be inducted into the Rock Hall in Cleveland just for bringing him into the world.


If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” –Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My door is always open. Except when it's closed.
Posts: 20,449
Default

It's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove, or Trole hart, if you wish. Unless he's called Doleface, no rhyme, you lose.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
Fifi's Boy
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: $omewhere between $layer and Ke$ha
Posts: 30,553
Default

Round hur "doll" sounds like "mall" and "troll" sounds like "mole". So not any kind of rhyme whatsoever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii
No it's just to show that I worship HELL and all who lives there.

I just put it down so people will know who I am and knwo that I worship the devil not god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I hate every single woman
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
exotica
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 5,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Round hur "doll" sounds like "mall" and "troll" sounds like "mole".
OK my bad for saying they "rhyme." I say /trəll/ and /dəll/ and that's just my own lazy tongue, mumbley, horrible mix of Pittsburgh and Mid-Atlantic accents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So not any kind of rhyme whatsoever.
Technically they can still be considered a "slant rhyme."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Mooney (from YouTube)

Steve Howe is a gift to humanity. His Mother should be inducted into the Rock Hall in Cleveland just for bringing him into the world.


If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” –Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
I sleep in your hat
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne, Vic. Aus.
Posts: 1,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Round hur "doll" sounds like "mall" and "troll" sounds like "mole". So not any kind of rhyme whatsoever.
I thought the whole point of Webster's crappy dictionary was to spell things how they were pronounced? If you're going to **** up pronunciation that bad why not just spell things the way they're supposed to be spelt?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:14 AM   #36 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My door is always open. Except when it's closed.
Posts: 20,449
Default

I think because troll is originally a Norwegian word it makes it a little harder to decide exactly how it's pronounced, though I have heard "troll" to rhyme with "call" used, but when you look at internet trolls, they refer to them as rhyming with bowls, so I personally have always said the latter, and that's how my username is pronounced, and should be.

tl;dr: It's Trollheart to rhyme with stole heart, not Trollheart to rhyme with ball heart.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:26 AM   #37 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I like when everyone gangs up on Chula
I don't know why. It seems so boring to me to gang up on the poor old man. He usually has a point just goes about saying it the wrong way and you all just dogpile for shits and giggles. That's completely boring to me.


I like some drama but there are definitely times when it goes over the line and people end up bringing family members into it that don't even post on this forum. When it crosses over into rl shit that's when I have issues with it.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,804
Default

You'd appreciate it more if you joined in.
__________________
2017 Member of the Year

Southern Pride Sexpert 2016 Now and Forever
#MAGA
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #39 (permalink)
Fifi's Boy
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: $omewhere between $layer and Ke$ha
Posts: 30,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I thought the whole point of Webster's crappy dictionary was to spell things how they were pronounced? If you're going to **** up pronunciation that bad why not just spell things the way they're supposed to be spelt?
Welcome to English.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii
No it's just to show that I worship HELL and all who lives there.

I just put it down so people will know who I am and knwo that I worship the devil not god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I hate every single woman
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,329
Default

Therefore never send to know for whom the Batlord trolls; he trolls for thee.
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2018 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.