Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/)
-   -   The queer corner (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/92245-queer-corner.html)

adidasss 08-05-2018 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1983982)
You can ask the mods to kind of monitor a thread dedicated to that kind of discussion to keep it from getting trolled or create a member club and invite only certain people. I don't suspect it would get much use since we all talk openly about these kinds of issues.

You know, I was about to post that there's probably no need for that since I see musicbanter as a relatively mature community, and then Oriphiel posted. So...yeah...:/

Oriphiel 08-05-2018 06:03 AM

What, you don't like Hard Gay? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983987)
and then Oriphiel posted.

Pretty much the refrain of MB

YorkeDaddy 08-05-2018 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1983982)
You can ask the mods to kind of monitor a thread dedicated to that kind of discussion to keep it from getting trolled or create a member club and invite only certain people. I don't suspect it would get much use since we all talk openly about these kinds of issues.

We got some trolls here but i dont think anyone is bad enough to troll a thread like this

Cuthbert 08-05-2018 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy (Post 1983990)
We got some trolls here but i dont think anyone is bad enough to troll a thread like this

You must have missed that thread aimed at bullying a forumista about two weeks ago.

Oriphiel 08-05-2018 06:55 AM

Btw, this thread is kind of silly. LGBT peeps can just express themselves in the normal threads instead of being stuck in "the gay corner", and if people try to give them shit for talking about gay rights/movies/sex in the regular threads, well, those bigots can just go fuck themselves. Never stopped me and Batlord from text-fucking across the forum like every week.

But then again, I love silly threads, and it's not like it really matters all that much where people choose to bant. Carry on.

adidasss 08-05-2018 08:11 AM

Nobody's stuck in anything, but your argument could basically be applied also to gay clubs, gay chatrooms or forums or websites or newspapers or any kind of specific LGBTQ oriented venue. The point of all of those things, and hopefully of this thread, is that maybe queer people don't want to sift through the entire forum to read or share about something that interests them and their community. Being a minority means that content that is specifically catered to you is a little harder to find. Hence, specialized venues etc. ;)

DwnWthVwls 08-05-2018 08:34 AM

Not really. What youre asking for is a regular bar to have a LGBTQ day, not a LGBTQ version Music Banter. If I want to talk about a specific comic book or video game I make a thread about it, if you want to talk about a specific queer topic you make a thread about it. Either way it's getting lost among all the other threads and posts. No content on here is specifically catered to any particular group.

You are free to express your opinions about anything from your perspective. If you want moderation or control over the subject you should consider my recommendations. Otherwise, you are going to be intermingled with people who may not share you ideology.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983987)
You know, I was about to post that there's probably no need for that since I see musicbanter as a relatively mature community, and then Oriphiel posted. So...yeah...:/

Jokes don't make you less mature.

Oriphiel 08-05-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983998)
Nobody's stuck in anything, but your argument could basically be applied also to gay clubs, gay chatrooms or forums or websites or newspapers or any kind of specific LGBTQ oriented venue. The point of all of those things, and hopefully of this thread, is that maybe queer people don't want to sift through the entire forum to read or share about something that interests them and their community. Being a minority means that content that is specifically catered to you is a little harder to find. Hence, specialized venues etc. ;)

Straight people care about LGBT issues, too. Movies, books, news stories, etc., shouldn't be shoehorned into one thread just because they involve gay people, as if gay people are the only ones who should take notice or care.

Clubs are for hookups, man. They're great for what they are. But this forum is for discourse, and the sexual orientation of a person doesn't magically make them unrelatable to people of other orientations. Trust me, you can post gay stuff in the regular threads, nobody will judge you.

So yeah, this thread is silly. It's pretty much the same as if someone made a "Black Dude Corner". Why bother? You've got a whole forum to play with.

adidasss 08-05-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oriphiel (Post 1984001)
Straight people care about LGBT issues, too. Movies, books, news stories, etc., shouldn't be shoehorned into one thread just because they involve gay people, as if gay people are the only ones who should take notice or care.

Clubs are for hookups, man. They're great for what they are. But this forum is for discourse, and the sexual orientation of a person doesn't magically make them unrelatable to people of other orientations. Trust me, you can post gay stuff in the regular threads, nobody will judge you.

So yeah, this thread is silly. It's pretty much the same as if someone made a "Black Dude Corner". Why bother? You've got a whole forum to play with.

This is weird, I absolutely didn't mean for this thread to be controversial or to spend the amount of time we are spending right now discussing its merits. If you don't like it, don't use it, don't write in it, don't open it. If no one else sees any merit in it, they won't open it or use it or post in it. And we'll all live happily ever after.

WWWP 08-05-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983987)
I see musicbanter as a relatively mature community

not even a little bit


Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983998)
Nobody's stuck in anything, but your argument could basically be applied also to gay clubs, gay chatrooms or forums or websites or newspapers or any kind of specific LGBTQ oriented venue. The point of all of those things, and hopefully of this thread, is that maybe queer people don't want to sift through the entire forum to read or share about something that interests them and their community. Being a minority means that content that is specifically catered to you is a little harder to find. Hence, specialized venues etc. ;)

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...ght-people.jpg

where's the STRAIGHT pride parade huh????


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.