Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/)
-   -   The queer corner (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/92245-queer-corner.html)

adidasss 08-04-2018 09:29 PM

The queer corner
 
Did a search and nothing came up. I'm thinking it would be nice to have a space for any queer members or people who support the community to share things related to the queer/LGBTQ experience. It could be anything, from music related stuff, to any kind of rights news, stories, films, shows, whatever.

For example, this came to my attention this morning: Travis Scott Addresses Amanda Lepore’s Absence on Astroworld Cover Art

Scott's explanation for removing Lepore (whom btw I didn't know anything about and still don't beyond this issue) because she "upstaged everyone" including him, seems terribly weak, given there are 5 half naked or naked cis-women, who are much more eyecatching than Lepore. I was actually convinced at the beginning that the alternate cover was all Lapore and it didn't make the cut (in which case the explanation would make sense since the naked women really do take centre stage), only to find out later, after much comparison between the images posted by LaChapelle and Scott, that Lapore is just a small figure on the left hand side in the "alternate" cover. Strange gaffe...

WWWP 08-04-2018 09:35 PM

wow long time no see adidasss!

adidasss 08-04-2018 09:37 PM

Hello there wolverine! Indeed it has been a while...:)

YorkeDaddy 08-04-2018 10:04 PM

Well i 100% support the community though I dont think there are any LGBTQ members here. I appreciate the well-intentioned thread whether there is or isnt

adidasss 08-04-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy (Post 1983959)
Well i 100% support the community though I dont think there are any LGBTQ members here. I appreciate the well-intentioned thread whether there is or isnt

You're looking at one...;) And if my memory serves me well, I think wolverine might be bi? Or I got it mixed up. In any case, there have been more than one, and I'm sure that's still the case, whether that's talked about a lot or not. ;)

elphenor 08-04-2018 10:18 PM

there's several

WWWP 08-04-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983960)
You're looking at one...;) And if my memory serves me well, I think wolverine might be bi? Or I got it mixed up. In any case, there have been more than one, and I'm sure that's still the case, whether that's talked about a lot or not. ;)

you remember correctly :)

adidasss 08-04-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon (Post 1983962)
you remember correctly :)

Yay for my brain! :D

DwnWthVwls 08-05-2018 05:14 AM

You can ask the mods to kind of monitor a thread dedicated to that kind of discussion to keep it from getting trolled or create a member club and invite only certain people. I don't suspect it would get much use since we all talk openly about these kinds of issues.

Oriphiel 08-05-2018 05:32 AM

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-20-2016/fmNKgI.gif

adidasss 08-05-2018 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1983982)
You can ask the mods to kind of monitor a thread dedicated to that kind of discussion to keep it from getting trolled or create a member club and invite only certain people. I don't suspect it would get much use since we all talk openly about these kinds of issues.

You know, I was about to post that there's probably no need for that since I see musicbanter as a relatively mature community, and then Oriphiel posted. So...yeah...:/

Oriphiel 08-05-2018 06:03 AM

What, you don't like Hard Gay? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983987)
and then Oriphiel posted.

Pretty much the refrain of MB

YorkeDaddy 08-05-2018 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1983982)
You can ask the mods to kind of monitor a thread dedicated to that kind of discussion to keep it from getting trolled or create a member club and invite only certain people. I don't suspect it would get much use since we all talk openly about these kinds of issues.

We got some trolls here but i dont think anyone is bad enough to troll a thread like this

Cuthbert 08-05-2018 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy (Post 1983990)
We got some trolls here but i dont think anyone is bad enough to troll a thread like this

You must have missed that thread aimed at bullying a forumista about two weeks ago.

Oriphiel 08-05-2018 06:55 AM

Btw, this thread is kind of silly. LGBT peeps can just express themselves in the normal threads instead of being stuck in "the gay corner", and if people try to give them shit for talking about gay rights/movies/sex in the regular threads, well, those bigots can just go fuck themselves. Never stopped me and Batlord from text-fucking across the forum like every week.

But then again, I love silly threads, and it's not like it really matters all that much where people choose to bant. Carry on.

adidasss 08-05-2018 08:11 AM

Nobody's stuck in anything, but your argument could basically be applied also to gay clubs, gay chatrooms or forums or websites or newspapers or any kind of specific LGBTQ oriented venue. The point of all of those things, and hopefully of this thread, is that maybe queer people don't want to sift through the entire forum to read or share about something that interests them and their community. Being a minority means that content that is specifically catered to you is a little harder to find. Hence, specialized venues etc. ;)

DwnWthVwls 08-05-2018 08:34 AM

Not really. What youre asking for is a regular bar to have a LGBTQ day, not a LGBTQ version Music Banter. If I want to talk about a specific comic book or video game I make a thread about it, if you want to talk about a specific queer topic you make a thread about it. Either way it's getting lost among all the other threads and posts. No content on here is specifically catered to any particular group.

You are free to express your opinions about anything from your perspective. If you want moderation or control over the subject you should consider my recommendations. Otherwise, you are going to be intermingled with people who may not share you ideology.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983987)
You know, I was about to post that there's probably no need for that since I see musicbanter as a relatively mature community, and then Oriphiel posted. So...yeah...:/

Jokes don't make you less mature.

Oriphiel 08-05-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983998)
Nobody's stuck in anything, but your argument could basically be applied also to gay clubs, gay chatrooms or forums or websites or newspapers or any kind of specific LGBTQ oriented venue. The point of all of those things, and hopefully of this thread, is that maybe queer people don't want to sift through the entire forum to read or share about something that interests them and their community. Being a minority means that content that is specifically catered to you is a little harder to find. Hence, specialized venues etc. ;)

Straight people care about LGBT issues, too. Movies, books, news stories, etc., shouldn't be shoehorned into one thread just because they involve gay people, as if gay people are the only ones who should take notice or care.

Clubs are for hookups, man. They're great for what they are. But this forum is for discourse, and the sexual orientation of a person doesn't magically make them unrelatable to people of other orientations. Trust me, you can post gay stuff in the regular threads, nobody will judge you.

So yeah, this thread is silly. It's pretty much the same as if someone made a "Black Dude Corner". Why bother? You've got a whole forum to play with.

adidasss 08-05-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oriphiel (Post 1984001)
Straight people care about LGBT issues, too. Movies, books, news stories, etc., shouldn't be shoehorned into one thread just because they involve gay people, as if gay people are the only ones who should take notice or care.

Clubs are for hookups, man. They're great for what they are. But this forum is for discourse, and the sexual orientation of a person doesn't magically make them unrelatable to people of other orientations. Trust me, you can post gay stuff in the regular threads, nobody will judge you.

So yeah, this thread is silly. It's pretty much the same as if someone made a "Black Dude Corner". Why bother? You've got a whole forum to play with.

This is weird, I absolutely didn't mean for this thread to be controversial or to spend the amount of time we are spending right now discussing its merits. If you don't like it, don't use it, don't write in it, don't open it. If no one else sees any merit in it, they won't open it or use it or post in it. And we'll all live happily ever after.

WWWP 08-05-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983987)
I see musicbanter as a relatively mature community

not even a little bit


Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1983998)
Nobody's stuck in anything, but your argument could basically be applied also to gay clubs, gay chatrooms or forums or websites or newspapers or any kind of specific LGBTQ oriented venue. The point of all of those things, and hopefully of this thread, is that maybe queer people don't want to sift through the entire forum to read or share about something that interests them and their community. Being a minority means that content that is specifically catered to you is a little harder to find. Hence, specialized venues etc. ;)

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...ght-people.jpg

where's the STRAIGHT pride parade huh????

The Batlord 08-05-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oriphiel (Post 1984001)
Straight people care about LGBT issues, too. Movies, books, news stories, etc., shouldn't be shoehorned into one thread just because they involve gay people, as if gay people are the only ones who should take notice or care.

Clubs are for hookups, man. They're great for what they are. But this forum is for discourse, and the sexual orientation of a person doesn't magically make them unrelatable to people of other orientations. Trust me, you can post gay stuff in the regular threads, nobody will judge you.

So yeah, this thread is silly. It's pretty much the same as if someone made a "Black Dude Corner". Why bother? You've got a whole forum to play with.

It doesn't really matter though. We don't need every thread to be a spam thread. Adidasss wants this thread to be what he wants it to be and it's not for a bad reason. At this stage in the forum's evolution and diminished membership I don't know that it's gonna be used for much, agreed, but that's neither here nor there. Let it be what it's supposed to be and salud to him for luck.

DwnWthVwls 08-05-2018 02:04 PM

So what are some hot queer topics you want to talk about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1984079)
It doesn't really matter though. We don't need every thread to be a spam thread. Adidasss wants this thread to be what he wants it to be and it's not for a bad reason. At this stage in the forum's evolution and diminished membership I don't know that it's gonna be used for much, agreed, but that's neither here nor there. Let it be what it's supposed to be and salud to him for luck.

We all know youre only saying that to try and get nudes from WWWP.

The Batlord 08-05-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1984082)
So what are some hot queer topics you want to talk about?



We all know youre only saying that to try and get nudes from WWWP.

I've been a member of this forum for over seven years and still no nudes. She owes me.

DwnWthVwls 08-05-2018 03:52 PM

I've been here 4 and have only seen the nudes of one female member and zero guys. I think it's our turn :(

I nominate OH.

The Batlord 08-05-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1984123)
I've been here 4 and have only seen the nudes of one female member and zero guys. I think it's our turn :(

I nominate OH.

You son of a bitch. I'm not that fat compared to... members. I deserve a nude from you hateful women ****s.

*plots secretive murders*

Oriphiel 08-05-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 1984003)
This is weird, I absolutely didn't mean for this thread to be controversial or to spend the amount of time we are spending right now discussing its merits. If you don't like it, don't use it, don't write in it, don't open it. If no one else sees any merit in it, they won't open it or use it or post in it. And we'll all live happily ever after.

Eh, it's not really all that controversial. You do you, man. But this a forum, and we're here for the bants. I call silly stuff out when I see it, doesn't mean that I'm deeply offended or want the thread to be deleted or anything.

Btw, I thought about it at work, and realized that I actually love this thread, and am going to bump it into perpetuity with super gay Hi-NRG songs.


Cuthbert 08-05-2018 04:28 PM

^ makes me think of The Big Gay Following off Balls of Steel lmao

Oriphiel 08-05-2018 04:32 PM

Yo, do you remember this banger?


Cuthbert 08-05-2018 04:42 PM

I don't think so mate.

I remember Electric Six - Gay Bar though.

And a song called Gay Boyfriend from around the same time.

Big riddims.

The Batlord 08-05-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluff (Post 1984151)
I don't think so mate.

I remember Electric Six - Gay Bar though.

And a song called Gay Boyfriend from around the same time.

Big riddims.


DwnWthVwls 08-05-2018 04:45 PM

Can I make a straight corner on a queer forum? I feel like I'd get banned if I even suggested it.

The Batlord 08-05-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1984153)
Can I make a straight corner on a queer forum? I feel like I'd get banned if I even suggested it.

Why can't we just leave this alone though? What is this accomplishing?

Cuthbert 08-05-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1984155)
Why can't we just leave this alone though? What is this accomplishing?

An interesting thread m7+1.

DwnWthVwls 08-05-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1984155)
Why can't we just leave this alone though? What is this accomplishing?

It's certainly getting you twisted. That's reason enough for me to do it. I already responded to the OP with serious recommendations.

The Batlord 08-05-2018 05:12 PM

All I'm saying is that the OP wants this to be a thing so let it just be that.

Cuthbert 08-05-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1984162)
It's certainly getting you twisted. That's reason enough for me to do it.

lol this is true.

Neapolitan 08-05-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 1983642)
4. THEY SO ****ING CATCHY, ***GOT!!!

serious discussion: Should Music Banter members scream the F-word?
What do you think?
  • Is it like cool, no big deal, anyone can call anyone the f-word.
  • It depend on the situation, like it's OK if as long as the two involved are cool with it, other people shouldn't care the f-word is being thrown around.
  • People really need to refrain from using the word on Music Banter.

Key 08-05-2018 08:35 PM

I don't think this is a thread about what we should and shouldn't say. I think adidasss just wanted to make a thread for stuff he wants to discuss. Nothing wrong with that.

Neapolitan 08-05-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 1984196)
I don't think this is a thread about what we should and shouldn't say. I think adidasss just wanted to make a thread for stuff he wants to discuss. Nothing wrong with that.

Are you telling me I shouldn't have said that?

Key 08-05-2018 09:06 PM

I dunno. I think it's just an innocent thread.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:22 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.