Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Well?
Yea 6 31.58%
Nay 2 10.53%
Scottish accents 7 36.84%
Resident Evil > Silent Hill 2 10.53%
Anal Beats 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #151 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I'm sure they feel the same about your criticisms. What it boils down to is a difference of opinion.
No it doesn't. There's no equation between criticism of bad behavior which is based on standard rules of a civilized society which I feel should also apply to online forums, regardless of the fact that we don't look at each other in the eye when we write, and being annoyed by it because it's inconvenient and easier and more fun to do as you please because people here won't actually punch you in the face because you're being an asshole.

With all due respect, sir. :/
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:08 PM   #152 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,676
Default

It's not between criticism and bad behavior. It's about consenting adults having fun joking with each other and someone being outraged and offended by their humor. Youre the MB equivalent of idiot college kids protesting and disrupting the presentations of Ben Shapiro.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:10 PM   #153 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
No it doesn't. There's no equation between criticism of bad behavior which is based on standard rules of a civilized society which I feel should also apply to online forums, regardless of the fact that we don't look at each other in the eye when we write, and being annoyed by it because it's inconvenient and easier and more fun to do as you please because people here won't actually punch you in the face because you're being an asshole.

With all due respect, sir. :/
Do you think that if you barged into a bar and demanded that two people who were telling jokes and laughing about them to stop because you don't like that brand of humour and insist that you will forever give them **** for having fun, you would

A. Open up a constructive dialogue where both sides come away with a greater perspective on humour and man in general
B. Be obeyed without a word from the people in the bar
C. Get punched in the face because you're being an *******
D. Get a free drink
?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:12 PM   #154 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I didn't know Batlord argued that much.. I feel like the majority of the bickering is between Elph, OH, Frown, Chula, and myself. Maybe that's just who I argue with and I'm oblivious to the other arguments.
Shrug. I argue intermittently but I guess I make an impression. And I guess maybe I argue more with all those people than you.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:21 PM   #155 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
It's not between criticism and bad behavior. It's about consenting adults having fun joking with each other and someone being outraged and offended by their humor. Youre the MB equivalent of idiot college kids protesting and disrupting the presentations of Ben Shapiro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Do you think that if you barged into a bar and demanded that two people who were telling jokes and laughing about them to stop because you don't like that brand of humour and insist that you will forever give them **** for having fun, you would

A. Open up a constructive dialogue where both sides come away with a greater perspective on humour and man in general
B. Be obeyed without a word from the people in the bar
C. Get punched in the face because you're being an *******
D. Get a free drink
?
This is something you guys keep harping on about even though I thought the issue was closed in the member picture gallery thread. You spent several pages arguing with me how it was all in good fun and how there's only consenting adults there joshing each other without ever actually checking if the target of this "joshing" was cool with it.
Turned out, he wasn't. :/

So, you know, like to little children, I have to explain (again) that the difference between "kidding around" and abusing each other is if feelings are getting hurt. This should be clear, but apparently your bro culture brimming with masculine toxicity didn't teach you that. People have feelings, and you should be careful with them. :/
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:24 PM   #156 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,676
Default

Pretty sure most of us addressed (or me anyway) that if that's the case it was wrong. I personally have been insulted plenty and never took offense, some of it was even funny. I don't know why you have trouble understanding that joking and not crossing the line can coexist.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:25 PM   #157 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
This is something you guys keep harping on about even though I thought the issue was closed in the member picture gallery thread. You spent several pages arguing with me how it was all in good fun and how there's only consenting adults there joshing each other without ever actually checking if the target of this "joshing" was cool with it.
Turned out, he wasn't. :/

So, you know, like to little children, I have to explain (again) that the difference between "kidding around" and abusing each other is if feelings are getting hurt. This should be clear, but apparently your bro culture brimming with masculine toxicity didn't teach you that. People have feelings, and you should be careful with them. :/
So you'd rather lump us in with what I assume are your negative experiences with toxic masculine bro culture instead of listening to constructive criticism about how your approach isn't tactful and is actually making the culture more toxic because you're unwilling to communicate anything but demands that you get your way. I guess that's one way to make a forum more positive :/.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #158 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
This is something you guys keep harping on about even though I thought the issue was closed in the member picture gallery thread. You spent several pages arguing with me how it was all in good fun and how there's only consenting adults there joshing each other without ever actually checking if the target of this "joshing" was cool with it.
Turned out, he wasn't. :/

So, you know, like to little children, I have to explain (again) that the difference between "kidding around" and abusing each other is if feelings are getting hurt. This should be clear, but apparently your bro culture brimming with masculine toxicity didn't teach you that. People have feelings, and you should be careful with them. :/
If we didn't cross the line then kidding around would be boring as ****. **** "playful" cultures where everyone toes the line at all times.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:35 PM   #159 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

MusicBanter World War: Old School vs. New School


Choose your sides!
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:35 PM   #160 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
If we didn't cross the line then kidding around would be boring as ****. **** "playful" cultures where everyone toes the line at all times.
You know, I guess dwn was right, there is a fundamental difference of opinion here, I believe we should try to act civil to each other because that makes interaction more pleasant, you believe being an asshole is more interesting. Wattayougonnado. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.