Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #6551 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
Damn I'd never tell that guy a secret if I knew him.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:54 AM   #6552 (permalink)
Awesome Waves
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Damn I'd never tell that guy a secret if I knew him.
i thought that same thought reading 'the secret teachings of all ages" by Manly P Hall
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You need to be more mindful of what you post.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:59 AM   #6553 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,761
Default

Just finished Station Eleven - a semi-fresh take on the post-apocalypse genre. Some passages really knocked me for a loop in the way they detailed the collapse from a few key players' perspectives.

(Super fast and fatal flu epidemic gets the call in this one)

A little slow at times with pre-collapse flashbacks but they add up to the point of the book - at least I think the point. "If it all goes to ****, which memories will you choose to keep, and which will you avoid in order to mentally survive."

Highly recommended if you're into this stuff.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:47 AM   #6554 (permalink)
Awesome Waves
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3,007
Default

Quote:
1: Do not criticize. “Criticism is futile because it puts a man on the defensive, and usually makes him strive to justify himself. Criticism is dangerous, because it wounds a man’s precious pride, hurts his sense of importance, and arouses his resentment.” – Dale Carnegies. Related quotes: Criticism
2: Give honest, sincere appreciation. “Dr. Dewey says the deepest urge in human nature is ‘the desire to be important.’”. Related quotes: Compliments
3: Get the other person’s point of view and see things from his angle. The thing here is to give to your interlocutor what he wants, and not what you, you want. Related quotes: Desire and Others’ view point
4: Become genuinely interested in other people. Related quotes: Interest
5: Smile.
6: Remember names. “Remember that a man’s name is to him the sweetest and most important sound in the English language.
7: Be a good listener. “Encourage others to talk about themselves”. Related quotes: listen
8: Make the other person feel important. “And do it sincerely”
Twelve ways to win people to your way of thinking

Quote:
1: The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it
2: Show respect for the other man’s opinions
3: If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically
4: Begin in a friendly way
5: Get the other person sating “yes, yes” immediately
6: Let the other man do a great deal of the talking
7: Let the other man feed that the idea is his
8: Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view
9: Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires
10: Appeal to the nobler motives
11: Dramatize you ideas
12: Throw down a challenge
Nine ways to change people without giving offense or arousing resentment

Quote:
1: Begin with praise and honest appreciation
2: Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly
3: Ask questions instead of giving direct orders
4: Let the other man save his face
5: Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be “hearty in 6: you approbation and lavish in your praise.”
7: Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to
8: Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct
9: Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uMZi1gc0Nc

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You need to be more mindful of what you post.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:13 PM   #6555 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,696
Default

Re-reading Jane Eyre like a fat bearded ****** with AIDS.
__________________
https://zhanteimi.com

Last edited by WWWP; 04-29-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Zhanteimi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #6556 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,022
Default

so mesmerizing

__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:35 PM   #6557 (permalink)
i'm yer huckleberry
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Re-reading Jane Eyre like a fat bearded ****** with AIDS.
Charming
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassoonPlatoon View Post
I wasn’t writing a haiku. Just because you want one doesn’t mean you’re going to get one.
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #6558 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,022
Default

__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #6559 (permalink)
i'm yer huckleberry
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
Omg I loved this book
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassoonPlatoon View Post
I wasn’t writing a haiku. Just because you want one doesn’t mean you’re going to get one.
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #6560 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,022
Default

it's nice and enormously pretentious to almost to the point of parody so far, just what I am about
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.