Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2021, 01:03 PM   #7271 (permalink)
Swifter than Gaylor slays
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,583
Default

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:29 PM   #7272 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 2,605
Default

Won't be so funny once I ruin Leviticus for ya.
SoundgardenRocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:36 PM   #7273 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 23,259
Default

Spoiler: Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. Sorry.


I think there's probably a cut-off point where you have to say look, if you haven't read the book/seen the movie/TV series by now, spoilers aren't spoilers because you left it too late. BK written when? 1879? I think the statute of limitations for spoilers has expired on that one.

Incidentally Marie, that is the best GIF ever. Ev-er.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:42 PM   #7274 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 2,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Spoiler: Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. Sorry.


I think there's probably a cut-off point where you have to say look, if you haven't read the book/seen the movie/TV series by now, spoilers aren't spoilers because you left it too late. BK written when? 1879? I think the statute of limitations for spoilers has expired on that one.

Incidentally Marie, that is the best GIF ever. Ev-er.
My remark was in jest.

I have a copy of BK sitting on my shelf - started reading it - lost interest - plan to pick it up again at some point. By that point, I won't have any recollection of Marie's post most likely.

But still, I can't get behind your reasoning since it doesn't take into account how old people are. Sure, if I've been around since BK was released, the logic would make sense, but I'm in my 20s. Only so many old ass books I can read given my age. We aint all Trollheart the Ol'fart's age y'know.
SoundgardenRocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #7275 (permalink)
Swifter than Gaylor slays
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,583
Default

I rarely care about spoilers actually, unless a story has a mystery that's REALLY well constructed and fun to unravel
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:17 PM   #7276 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 2,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I rarely care about spoilers actually, unless a story has a mystery that's REALLY well constructed and fun to unravel
I once remember a friend spoiling Scooby Doo Zombie Island's plot twist for me - boy was I incensed!
SoundgardenRocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:41 PM   #7277 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 23,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
My remark was in jest.
I know.
Quote:
I have a copy of BK sitting on my shelf - started reading it - lost interest - plan to pick it up again at some point. By that point, I won't have any recollection of Marie's post most likely.

But still, I can't get behind your reasoning since it doesn't take into account how old people are. Sure, if I've been around since BK was released, the logic would make sense, but I'm in my 20s. Only so many old ass books I can read given my age. We aint all Trollheart the Ol'fart's age y'know.
Nobody's my age. I remember saying to Plutarch only the other... uh, ignore that maybe. Slip of the tongue. When you get as old as I am - which is, you know, not crazy old, not so old as that you'd think I was (HA HA HA Funny yes?) a vampire or something, just you know, old - oh look! What's that over there?

No really, you have to look! It's the most amazing thing I ever...
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:46 PM   #7278 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 44,926
Default

LOTR lore books make me touch my peepee.


__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #7279 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DianneW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: S W France S. Deux Sevres
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
The Lizard King by Jerry Hopkins. I'm not enjoying it at all. I'm no fan of the Doors (don't mind them; listen to the expected songs but never sit through a full album and I don't really like their music style) and the more I read about Morrison the more I find he was an arrogant, cruel and vain ****. A very nasty man. May have been a genius, but in my book that doesn't give you licence to be a prick. About halfway through; can't wait for it to be over.
maybe part because he was an Alcoholic..people change in different ways but they do change.
Husband use to rescue a past good friends's husband, every pay day he would find the Guy eventually, usually in a heap of all sorts...
spent every single penny not just on himself he would attract some so called friends and they were up for that..The Plough Beddington Surrey was his favorite drinking hole.
DianneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:46 AM   #7280 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DianneW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: S W France S. Deux Sevres
Posts: 210
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
LOTR lore books make me touch my peepee.


well grab a nappy..stupid...

Reading the late Maeve Binchy books at the moment as simple to pick up and put down, this one is called.. Evening Class
DianneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.