The Anime/Manga thread (metal, shows, quote, emo) - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #81 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,279
Default

Most anime I can't stand, but i love Manga like Bleach and Trigun.
FLCL is the only exception, love that show.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #82 (permalink)
sidewalks
 
Rubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Novi
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
Alright, I am going to necro this thread, because I feel like it. Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone knew of any political animes, or ones that had to do with a large scale revolution. I am just looking for one right now.
This is kind of late but, Akumetsu might be what you're looking for?
edit: oh my bad, you said anime.
__________________
and we stayed, sixteen.
Rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #83 (permalink)
Dr. Prunk
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
Most anime I can't stand.
What a horribly misleading signature then.
__________________
It's only knock n' knowall, but I like it

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #84 (permalink)
****ER OF HOLES
 
Terrible Lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Butt****, Nebraska
Posts: 1,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I love most of the adult oriented anime. Like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, FLCL and anything by Satoshi Kon and Yoshiaki Kawajiri.

I still like stuff like DBZ for nostalgia purposes, but I dislike most fighting shonen, except Bleach, which is one of my favorite anime shows.

Trigun is ****.
Ergo Proxy and Monster are the way to go in terms of great anime.
__________________
“YOU ARE SCUM SLUT.”
-John Martyn
Terrible Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #85 (permalink)
Dr. Prunk
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible Lizard View Post
Trigun is ****.
Wrongo.
__________________
It's only knock n' knowall, but I like it

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #86 (permalink)
Allman Brothers Obsessor
 
Halfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Whipping Post
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Wrongo.
seconded.
__________________
Check it out: www.myspace.com/sdotldotidotpdot

Watch your step.
Halfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #87 (permalink)
****ER OF HOLES
 
Terrible Lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Butt****, Nebraska
Posts: 1,211
Default

Oh No! The dumbasses are ganging up on me.

Trigun features:
A few good action scenes with too many fillers in between.
A idiotic at first, but actually very strong protagonist who *GASP* will not kill others because of some idiotic moral code.
And some tragic past involving some hot chick and the main villain.

Too many times.
__________________
“YOU ARE SCUM SLUT.”
-John Martyn
Terrible Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #88 (permalink)
Allman Brothers Obsessor
 
Halfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Whipping Post
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible Lizard View Post
Oh No! The dumbasses are ganging up on me.

Trigun features:
A few good action scenes with too many fillers in between.
A idiotic at first, but actually very strong protagonist who *GASP* will not kill others because of some idiotic moral code.
And some tragic past involving some hot chick and the main villain.

Too many times.
i would say that trigun is a great synthesis of a bunch of common anime themes. basically, a billion animes/mangas try to use these themes and none come through. Trigun has mangaged to take the basic common ideas of manga/anime and synthesis them into something that i enjoy.

Other plus sides: the anime doesnt run for a billion episodes
the manga is really dark and grotesque after the first two books
__________________
Check it out: www.myspace.com/sdotldotidotpdot

Watch your step.
Halfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #89 (permalink)
Dr. Prunk
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

First off what's wrong with a moral code? And second, I thought the backstory was excellent, it has a pretty original setting too.

Trigun is amazing, I don't care what anyone says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfa View Post
i would say that trigun is a great synthesis of a bunch of common anime themes. basically, a billion animes/mangas try to use these themes and none come through. Trigun has mangaged to take the basic common ideas of manga/anime and synthesis them into something that i enjoy.

Other plus sides: the anime doesnt run for a billion episodes
the manga is really dark and grotesque after the first two books
Yeah the best Animes tend to be the shorter ones.

Of all the long anime, only Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist have really hold my attention.
__________________
It's only knock n' knowall, but I like it

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #90 (permalink)
Allman Brothers Obsessor
 
Halfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Whipping Post
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Yeah the best Animes tend to be the shorter ones.

Of all the long anime, only Bleach and Full Metal Achelmist have really hold my attention.
really? i've never seen FMA but Bleach i got bored of. i just got over ichigo being emo and weak.

I loved dragon ball Z, but once you got so far with that one you only watched it because it was DBZ and no other real reason. the final saga was TERRIBLE. lol
__________________
Check it out: www.myspace.com/sdotldotidotpdot

Watch your step.
Halfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.