What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #12981 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Watched a few films the last couple days. Been having a lot of late night movie watches, so there's nothing better than late night comedies:

Dumb and Dumberer



Gets more and more funny the more times I watch it. Nothing beats the scene with Bob Saget screaming about their being **** all over his bathroom:



Anchorman



Classic Will Ferrell, freaking love this movie. It's perfect for those moments when you're looking for a good laugh at the dumbest things. One of my favorite Ferrell movies honestly, mostly because it's not really similar to the terrible Step Brothers.
I don't think this post could have more properly illustrated the old adage of "different strokes for different folks". I loathe both of those movies.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #12982 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
I don't think this post could have more properly illustrated the old adage of "different strokes for different folks". I loathe both of those movies.
I love them for the stupidity. Don't know if that makes me immature or what.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #12983 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Anchorman is fucking hilarious.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #12984 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I love them for the stupidity. Don't know if that makes me immature or what.
I like stupid humor too, old Adam Sandler movies still get me. Dumb and Dumberer was a bad movie, there's no getting around it. Nothing there but poo poo jokes, I was hyped for it too cause the original is great

I can see why people like Anchorman, it didn't do anything for me
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #12985 (permalink)
one big soul
 
Alfred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I liked the soundtrack, I'll give it that. But, yeah, the movie did absolutely nothing for me and I found myself constantly watching the timer waiting for the end. Honestly, it made me rethink my interest in watching any of Refn's other movies.
I've only seen Drive and Bronson, but I watched a short Youtube documentary on his career one day and it sounds like Valhalla Rising is the odd one out in his filmography.
__________________
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #12986 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I've only seen Drive and Bronson, but I watched a short Youtube documentary on his career one day and it sounds like Valhalla Rising is the odd one out in his filmography.
Well, that's encouraging!
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #12987 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

I'll never get why people like Will Farrell. Comedians who play the same character over and over again aren't anything new, but Will Farrell's character only ever worked in five minute skits on SNL. Anything longer than that and he just makes anything he's in stale.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #12988 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'll never get why people like Will Farrell. Comedians who play the same character over and over again aren't anything new, but Will Farrell's character only ever worked in five minute skits on SNL. Anything longer than that and he just makes anything he's in stale.
I sort of agree with this, except for Anchorman which is great.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #12989 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I sort of agree with this, except for Anchorman which is great.
Meh. I just spent the whole movie being bored by Will Farrell.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #12990 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Meh. I just spent the whole movie being bored by Will Farrell.
I spent the whole movie smelling of rich mahogany.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.