What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2015, 11:04 PM   #15351 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default


The Walking Deceased

A spoof movie on The Walking Dead franchise. I didn't find it as bad as the reviews and ratings would claim that it is, but I do understand why the 1 star rating happened. I'd personally give it a 2 or a 3 because it did have some good moments. I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you hate the kind of spoof-esque movies with terrible writing and average acting, but if you're looking to kill some time, or have some background noise, this is right up your alley.

Rating: 2/5

------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hot Fuzz

I've seen this movie a couple times, and have loved it every time. I love Simon Pegg and I love how ridiculous this movie goes and it does a great job at hitting the action movie cliches. Best part:



Rating: 5/5
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:37 PM   #15352 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post

The Walking Deceased

A spoof movie on The Walking Dead franchise. I didn't find it as bad as the reviews and ratings would claim that it is, but I do understand why the 1 star rating happened. I'd personally give it a 2 or a 3 because it did have some good moments. I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you hate the kind of spoof-esque movies with terrible writing and average acting, but if you're looking to kill some time, or have some background noise, this is right up your alley.

Rating: 2/5
So is this like one of those Superhero Movie/Date Movie/Epic Movie/Disaster Movie spoofs? I hate those things. There is absolutely no creativity involved, and even I find the humor stupid to the point of annoyance.

Quote:

Hot Fuzz

I've seen this movie a couple times, and have loved it every time. I love Simon Pegg and I love how ridiculous this movie goes and it does a great job at hitting the action movie cliches. Best part:



Rating: 5/5
I love those movies (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, & The World's End). Each has been at least slightly worse than the one before it, but they've still been some of the funniest movies of the past decade.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:41 PM   #15353 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So is this like one of those Superhero Movie/Date Movie/Epic Movie/Disaster Movie spoofs? I hate those things. There is absolutely no creativity involved, and even I find the humor stupid to the point of annoyance.
Yeah, i'd say it falls under the same category as those. This one does have a bit of creativity by taking some well known memes of The Walking Dead and using them. Like for instance, the sheriff uses "Coral" multiple times throughout the movie. It's probably worth watching once if you're curious, but I really wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for something funny.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I love those movies (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, & The World's End). Each has been at least slightly worse than the one before it, but they've still been some of the funniest movies of the past decade.
I'm planning to watch Shaun of the Dead for the billionth time soon. It's probably my favorite out of the three. I just hadn't seen Hot Fuzz in so long but it still remains as funny as the first time I saw it.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:51 PM   #15354 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I'm planning to watch Shaun of the Dead for the billionth time soon. It's probably my favorite out of the three. I just hadn't seen Hot Fuzz in so long but it still remains as funny as the first time I saw it.
Have you seen the last one? It's been too long since I've seen the first two to compare them, but it was pretty solid, with a premise that was both down-to-Earth and completely absurd at the same time. I'd say it's probably the most off-the-wall of those guys' movies.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:52 PM   #15355 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Have you seen the last one? It's been too long since I've seen the first two to compare them, but it was pretty solid, with a premise that was both down-to-Earth and completely absurd at the same time.
Not yet. I'll try to watch it sometime soon. Good to hear that it was good.

EDIT: Off the wall is always nice.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:47 AM   #15356 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

[QUOTE=The Batlord;1609064]So is this like one of those Superhero Movie/Date Movie/Epic Movie/Disaster Movie spoofs? I hate those things. There is absolutely no creativity involved, and even I find the humor stupid to the point of annoyance.[QUOTE]

It's supposed to be funny for some reason because it references something.
I think cracked did an article about one of those movies recently, where they pointed out that it was a comedy without a single actual joke.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #15357 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So is this like one of those Superhero Movie/Date Movie/Epic Movie/Disaster Movie spoofs? I hate those things. There is absolutely no creativity involved, and even I find the humor stupid to the point of annoyance.
It's supposed to be funny for some reason because it references something.
I think cracked did an article about one of those movies recently, where they pointed out that it was a comedy without a single actual joke.
Pretty much. I've lost what small amount of interest I might have had in a girl before, just because we were watching one of those movies and she found it to be legitimately funny.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:27 AM   #15358 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Pretty much. I've lost what small amount of interest I might have had in a girl before, just because we were watching one of those movies and she found it to be legitimately funny.
Holy ****, that's like dick poison.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:40 AM   #15359 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Holy ****, that's like dick poison.
It was one of those moments that really made me remember just how isolated from society you can be when you're not a moron.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:46 AM   #15360 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It was one of those moments that really made me remember just how isolated from society you can be when you're not a moron.
Yeah, it sucks.
Not discussing music and books (and politics) and not watching movies with other people helps.
Also being somewhat drunk when in bigger company.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.