What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2016, 04:26 PM   #17741 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
Thank you for noticing what that is from. Last time I posted that gere the person replied with "I'm a guy"
Probably some teeny bopper loser. Anyone who doesn't know every line of that movie by heart is a sicko.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #17742 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,762
Default

I can't ever read those two words together and not say them with an Australian accent in my head.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #17743 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default



Watched this movie for possibly the hundredth time last night. Both Gyllenhaal and Ledger are amazing in this role and it blows me away every time I see the movie.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #17744 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post


Watched this movie for possibly the hundredth time last night. Both Gyllenhaal and Ledger are amazing in this role and it blows me away every time I see the movie.
... had to
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #17745 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
... had to
I expected such a joke from The Batlord, but from you? I'm disappointed.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #17746 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I expected such a joke from The Batlord, but from you? I'm disappointed.
I'll blow you better.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:09 PM   #17747 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #17748 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post


Watched this movie for possibly the hundredth time last night. Both Gyllenhaal and Ledger are amazing in this role and it blows me away every time I see the movie.
I liked both actors a ton before that movie but my admiration went way up after seeing it. Same goes for the female leads too. And of course, Ang Lee. Crash winning the Academy Award that year was ridiculous. At least Lee won best director.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #17749 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I liked both actors a ton before that movie but my admiration went way up after seeing it. Same goes for the female leads too. And of course, Ang Lee. Crash winning the Academy Award that year was ridiculous. At least Lee won best director.
Except that Crash is a far better movie. Besides the cinematography I was rather underwhelmed by the movie.
__________________
" I slashed and burned thru my 15 minutes of fame."
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #17750 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Except that Crash is a far better movie. Besides the cinematography I was rather underwhelmed by the movie.
Crash is so damn contrived it's ridiculous. The way people's extreme attitudes switch on a dime because of singular events is simply unbelievable.

Brokeback Mountain dared to go really deep into a subject that it still highly controversial to this day. And they did it in an extremely mature and realistic way. Any homophobic person who can watch that movie and still remain as homophobic afterwards is completely FUBAR.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.