What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2018, 01:09 AM   #22341 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
If painting me bad makes you feel better about yourself, then have a ball with it
I didn't paint you anything. You took the buckets and dumped it on yourself. Now you're blaming me for pointing it out.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:22 AM   #22342 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,357
Default



Gave it a rewatch. Probably my favorite of the MCU, along with Thor: Ragnarok. Super funny, great action, absurd situations, and an awesome chase scene. That's all I ask for.



Huge nostalgia trip. I remember watching this with my sister back in the day. This is basically what got me into Stephen King. Definitely more on the clever and entertaining side than outright scary.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:35 AM   #22343 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
How so? It is abnormal. There are more heterosexuals than homosexuals.

This train of thought is why people are so comfortable saying D!CK and C*NT, but not PENIS nor VAGINA.
There's more non-conspiracy theorists than conspiracy theorists.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:14 AM   #22344 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Heheh. Crundlewald.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #22345 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Life
Sci-fi movie that rips off Alien for the first half, then goes it's own way and gets more and more boring in the second half. A few good ideas, lots of blandness. Dull CGI blob as the monster that kills everyone. I liked parts of the movie, but it managed to generate a lot of ill will in me with the boring and poorly thought out last half hour.
I actually liked the design of the creature, at least for the first bit. I like the idea that it's just a nondescript blob that, if we ever were to find a space creature in real life, you wouldn't bat an eye if that is what it looked like. The idea that it adapts and grows is cool as well but once they give it a "face" it just kind of becomes a generic movie monster.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #22346 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
I actually liked the design of the creature, at least for the first bit. I like the idea that it's just a nondescript blob that, if we ever were to find a space creature in real life, you wouldn't bat an eye if that is what it looked like. The idea that it adapts and grows is cool as well but once they give it a "face" it just kind of becomes a generic movie monster.
Yeah it gets worse when it's more fully grown. If it had remained a more blob like creature, I would have been more on board with the design, probably. I did like the scenes where the creature was still in the lab. It's when it escapes the movie started losing me little by little.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #22347 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Yeah it gets worse when it's more fully grown. If it had remained a more blob like creature, I would have been more on board with the design, probably. I did like the scenes where the creature was still in the lab. It's when it escapes the movie started losing me little by little.
Yeah, I thought everything in the lab was great. It borrows heavily from Alien, sure, but it does it very well. Some really great body horror in that segment.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #22348 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Just tried watching Inland Empire for the second time ever. Made it about just as far (which means not very far). The movie is just nonsense. If you'll watch any turd as long as David Lynch's name is attached to it, it might be less intolerable. I'm no diehard fan of his work exactly, so I'll pass.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:46 PM   #22349 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
The movie is just nonsense.
Not really. Watching the whole thing would probably open it up to you more.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #22350 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Not really. Watching the whole thing would probably open it up to you more.
It certainly foreshadows several things, but it feels like such an immense drag. There's no way I'm ever gonna get through without something like that Clockwork Orange treatment.

MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.