Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2020, 02:21 PM   #23591 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 43,142
Default

I'll bet Russian WW2 movies are a great way to clear out a party.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:16 PM   #23592 (permalink)
Take The Heat Off Me
 
Raime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'll bet Russian WW2 movies are a great way to clear out a party.
It's actually German. It's about a small unit and lieutenant that is sent to Stalingrad, and **** hits the fan pretty quick. Basically what it's like to invade and lose. One of the antagonists is a mustache twirling Nazi commander which is stupid over the top. The unit gets sent to a mine detection and defusal penal unit because of the actions of a single soldier, and they have to act as part of a firing squad not long after being reinstated.

__________________
Choice Club Music Journal

Awful trash that I listen to

Awful trash that I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m a full on fascist. I don’t even give a **** about making sense.

Do you have a black truck?

Last edited by Raime; 07-30-2020 at 08:09 PM.
Raime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:42 AM   #23593 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,751
Default

Sorry to Bother You

Hilarious. Some movies get over their heads with surrealism but this movie maintains its sincerity amid its weird and cinematic elements. To make a lazy comparison, it's like Get Out except it doesn't sacrifice the script for the message or vice versa and leans more heavily into the humour. Took too long to get around to it I don't think I would've caught the BP symbolism if I watched it when it was released.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #23594 (permalink)
old senile battleaxe
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 1,307
Default

Ooh yes great film! And Tessa Thompson is a ****ing queen. By BP you mean Black Panther? I know too little about the black civil rights history to have caught any symbolism
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #23595 (permalink)
Black Lives Matter
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Ooh yes great film! And Tessa Thompson is a ****ing queen. By BP you mean Black Panther? I know too little about the black civil rights history to have caught any symbolism
Tessa in those Janelle Monae videos tho



__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:04 AM   #23596 (permalink)
old senile battleaxe
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 1,307
Default

Ooh I clearly need to watch those
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 05:21 AM   #23597 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,538
Default

I'm surprised you've just now watched though, Frown.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #23598 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 18,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Sorry to Bother You

Hilarious. Some movies get over their heads with surrealism but this movie maintains its sincerity amid its weird and cinematic elements. To make a lazy comparison, it's like Get Out except it doesn't sacrifice the script for the message or vice versa and leans more heavily into the humour. Took too long to get around to it I don't think I would've caught the BP symbolism if I watched it when it was released.
Just watched it

Probably the best the way things are Vs the way things could be Venn diagram storyline since Idiocracy

A brilliant statement on the nature of capitalism
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #23599 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 18,918
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #23600 (permalink)
Black Lives Matter
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,374
Default

Boots Riley is the illest. StBY was one of those films I bought immediately after seeing. It's perfect. I want that The Future is Female Ejaculation shirt and the MURDER/KILL earrings so bad.
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.