Comics/Graphic Novels - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2017, 01:43 PM   #621 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,357
Default

Oops, I was wrong, GWAR aren't the ones who shove a nazi flag up hitler's asshole. Hitler's wife is the one who does it, after eating bath salts.

Btw, I think every member of GWAR past and present is eventually going to be in it, since they're traveling through time in a time-machine shaped like a cock.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #622 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Is it Hulkling? I don't remember what race he was.
Totally Awesome Hulk.

Amadeus Cho is his name.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:27 PM   #623 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Oops, I was wrong, GWAR aren't the ones who shove a nazi flag up hitler's asshole. Hitler's wife is the one who does it, after eating bath salts.

Btw, I think every member of GWAR past and present is eventually going to be in it, since they're traveling through time in a time-machine shaped like a cock.
lulz. Already downloaded both issues. But I'm catching up on Spider-Gwen and getting a hankering to reread Superior Spider-Man, so it's anybody's guess when I'll get around to it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #624 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Batty, you got a safe link that will work for me to download The Sandman? Never read it, think I want to try it out. TVM
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #625 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Batty, you got a safe link that will work for me to download The Sandman? Never read it, think I want to try it out. TVM
First of all, bookmark this. It's my favorite comic download site atm and is almost a one stop shop.

GetComics – Free DC and Marvel Comics Download

And here. The first link is for the individual issues and is about a gig, while the second is the collected editions and is three gigs. Pick whichever.

The Sandman #1 - 75 + Extras – GetComics

The Sandman Vol. 1 - 10 TPB (2010-2012) – GetComics
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #626 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
First of all, bookmark this. It's my favorite comic download site atm and is almost a one stop shop.

GetComics – Free DC and Marvel Comics Download

And here. The first link is for the individual issues and is about a gig, while the second is the collected editions and is three gigs. Pick whichever.

The Sandman #1 - 75 + Extras – GetComics

The Sandman Vol. 1 - 10 TPB (2010-2012) – GetComics
OK. First, thanks. Second, the second link is telling me I need to sign up to Praymedia? Malwarebytes blocked the whole thing initially, so I disabled it, but I'm still getting this screen now. Any ideas?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #627 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
OK. First, thanks. Second, the second link is telling me I need to sign up to Praymedia? Malwarebytes blocked the whole thing initially, so I disabled it, but I'm still getting this screen now. Any ideas?
Don't use it I guess. But I don't think I've ever gotten anything from that site. The comic site. I don't know what the **** Praymedia is.

Edit: It just took me to a captcha page and then a download link.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:46 PM   #628 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Don't use it I guess. But I don't think I've ever gotten anything from that site. The comic site. I don't know what the **** Praymedia is.

Edit: It just took me to a captcha page and then a download link.
Yeah, I scrolled down and there was another d/l link. It led me to a popup but I was able to close that and now it's downloading ok. Thanks. Looking forward to this.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:39 AM   #629 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,357
Default

__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:47 AM   #630 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

I'm mostly into older European comics (Loisel, Bilal, Manara, Serpieri, etc. etc. etc.), although I do own some American and British graphic novels (Black Hole, Heart of Empire, Maus, In the Shadow of No Towers, Life With Mr Dangerous, Alice in Sunderland - for example).
A couple days ago, I finally managed to find a copy of this Francois Schuiten book on Amazon. I've been searching for it for literally several years with no luck. It would be completely unavailable in english, crazy expensive in danish and somewhat available in french. I can't read french, so I was just completely out of luck for the longest time. Now I finally found the damn thing on amazon. Must have had a reprint.



Like anything by the same artist, this comic has an interesting mixed historical setting with a vague hint of sci-fi and mysticism. I adore his very precise, thin-lined drawings. This book has a very interesting and odd storyline, that among other things involve an apartment that generates bucket loads of sand every day for no reason. I read it years ago at a library and I can't wait to read it again.

Not sure if anyone else in here have any interest in European comics from the 70's, 80's and 90's?

Last edited by MicShazam; 08-13-2017 at 01:56 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.