Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Good man and now the daddy of British working mans films who influenced Shane Meadows and still does, made the second film. I firmly advise you to watch his films.
I've heard of the director (won't say his name in case it spoils the game) but I didn't know where to stand. I was on Wiki and I found myself flutter away from it. I've been watching some Mike Leigh recently though, seen 2 or 3 of his films. Shane Meadows is doing something great at the moment, some of his films have been spot on. I wonder what his next project is.
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I've heard of the director (won't say his name in case it spoils the game) but I didn't know where to stand. I was on Wiki and I found myself flutter away from it. I've been watching some Mike Leigh recently though, seen 2 or 3 of his films. Shane Meadows is doing something great at the moment, some of his films have been spot on. I wonder what his next project is.
There is a director who treads that middle ground. Is over 70, supports Man U (the idiot) and has never ever compromised his working class roots. Probably the best British director living yet still unknown
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
There is a director who treads that middle ground. Is over 70, supports Man U (the idiot) and has never ever compromised his working class roots. Probably the best British director living yet still unknown
The fact he's a United fan makes him much more appealing. I should see one of his films, since I'm always looking for something different than America films, even though they're great when you find a great British film it's great. Do you think he's so unknown because not everybody can relate to his work? Or is it a lack of exposure? Or just one of them things that can't really be explained?
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #34 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
The fact he's a United fan makes him much more appealing. I should see one of his films, since I'm always looking for something different than America films, even though they're great when you find a great British film it's great. Do you think he's so unknown because not everybody can relate to his work? Or is it a lack of exposure? Or just one of them things that can't really be explained?
Europe loves him if that helps. His films never waiver from his views and he has turned down tons of money just so he can make films on his terms. He has made stars of Ricky Tomlinson. Robert Carlyle, Crissy Rock. Bump started Ray Winstones Career and worked with Eric Cantona..

Mike leigh is awesome but a theatre director in disguise. The greatest living director in the UK is Ken Loach.

U may have done English at school with a book called Kes as a part of the curriculum. He directed the film.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #35 (permalink)
...
 
dankrsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Another one from Jodorowsky, this time Santa sangre

Guess
__________________
dankrsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk
 
NumberNineDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The land of the largest wine glass (aka Lebanon)
Posts: 2,183
Default

Hint?
__________________
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
lets make a mess, lioness
 
glastonelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NZ
Posts: 399
Default

Might be a NZ movie, plenty of sheep in those..
glastonelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

that appears to be bunuel's the exterminating angel.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #39 (permalink)
...
 
dankrsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,774
Default

Here are two more stills



Release date - 1962. Language - Spanish
__________________
dankrsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #40 (permalink)
...
 
dankrsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalow View Post
that appears to be bunuel's the exterminating angel.
Alright bungalow you're right. By the time I uploaded the pictures you already guessed it.
__________________
dankrsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.