Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Who will be most remembered from our time?
James Joyce 3 12.50%
Vonnegut 5 20.83%
Stephen King 5 20.83%
Tolkein 3 12.50%
Irving 0 0%
Murakami 1 4.17%
Dr. Seuss 1 4.17%
Toni Morrison 0 0%
John Updike 0 0%
James Baldwin 0 0%
Mark Twain 2 8.33%
William Faulkner 0 0%
Asimov 2 8.33%
Bukowski 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Everyone who is celebrated now, will be celebrated by future hipsters. Guaranteed.


Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Everyone who is celebrated now, will be celebrated by future hipsters. Guaranteed.


nuh-uh, not Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, I can't see them being taking seriously a thousand years from now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

Yeah, I was gonna say Vonnegut but Dayna beat me to it. He seems to be regarded as a god by every literature-inclined person I've spoken to.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
nuh-uh, not Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, I can't see them being taking seriously a thousand years from now.
Maybe not, but I don't know how much credit we should be giving future hipsters.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Maybe not, but I don't know how much credit we should be giving future hipsters.
Imagine future hipsters reading Music Banter instead of Homer, what kind of future world are we creating here?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Imagine future hipsters reading Music Banter instead of Homer, what kind of future world are we creating here?
Hopefully a hipsterless one.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
I sleep in your hat
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne, Vic. Aus.
Posts: 1,779
Default

It would be interesting to see if they even know what a book is in a hundred years let alone a thousand.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazstp View Post
It would be interesting to see if they even know what a book is in a hundred years let alone a thousand.
I'm sure the Rosetta Stone will outlast the Kindle.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I'm sure the Rosetta Stone will outlast the Kindle.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Yeah, I was gonna say Vonnegut but Dayna beat me to it. He seems to be regarded as a god by every literature-inclined person I've spoken to.
He's not a god

John Irving and Haruki Murakami are gods. Anyone who actually reads can confirm this
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.