Tell me about your favorite Podcast! - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
Is that the one with the shrimp?
I don't remember them mentioning shrimp but it's possible they mention them in the segment about how different species perceive color. It's also the one that has the segment about the weird color descriptions in ancient texts.
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,039
Default

i download Blood, Colors, Loops and Guts (seeing as mine are AGAIN trying to kill me...this may be interesting)

and i download four random ones from Filmspotting

from someone who drives for a living....i really appreciate these
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
i download Blood, Colors, Loops and Guts (seeing as mine are AGAIN trying to kill me...this may be interesting)

and i download four random ones from Filmspotting

from someone who drives for a living....i really appreciate these
I have another suggestion that, if you have any interest in history, is perfect for long drives: Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.

Yes, it has a dumb name, but it's a great podcast. A great intro, if you're willing to invest four and a half hours, is the "Prophets of Doom" episode, which is about the insane religious fervor, violence and civil war that gripped the German city of Munster during part of the protestant reformation. Some other of the podcast's highlights are the five-part "Wrath of the Khans" series of episodes and the four-part "Ghosts of the Ostfront".
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,039
Default

ohhhh i am alllllll over that

thanks again
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
ohhhh i am alllllll over that

thanks again
Hope you enjoy it!
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 11,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
Is that the one with the shrimp?
It is the one with the shrimp. It comes up because dongs have 2 cones, humans have 3, butterflies have 5, and that weird, giant-clawed shrimp in the barrier reef has 15.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
It is the one with the shrimp. It comes up because dongs have 2 cones, humans have 3, butterflies have 5, and that weird, giant-clawed shrimp in the barrier reef has 15.
Dongs have 2 cones?
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 11,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Dongs have 2 cones?
unintentional, but I'm not editing it.

Dogs. Though, I can't speak about the cone-count on dongs.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,039
Default

i like to think that my dong is color blind

so yeah this show is amazingly good....and i cannot believe you forgot about the shrimp Janszoon

and i agree the concept that people of ancient times may have been color blind simply because they had no way to reproduce certain colors was fascinating

started the Prophets of Doom and i'm really digging how this guy tells the story

again thanks to all of you for these great suggestions
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
i like to think that my dong is color blind

so yeah this show is amazingly good....and i cannot believe you forgot about the shrimp Janszoon

and i agree the concept that people of ancient times may have been color blind simply because they had no way to reproduce certain colors was fascinating

started the Prophets of Doom and i'm really digging how this guy tells the story

again thanks to all of you for these great suggestions
He's really great. No gimmicks whatsoever, just a guy who is extremely good at telling historical tales in a compelling way. And that story is really fucked up. I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it when it's over.
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2023 Advameg, Inc.