Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2021, 03:10 AM   #691 (permalink)
Slavic gay sauce
 
adidasss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,750
Default

I liked Chappelle until he started doing transphobic bits...and just can't let go. It seems like he can't make a special (or any kind of statement) without some kind of jab at trans or gay people. It's quite disappointing, but he is getting on in years. It's to be expected.

And I also don't find any of the bits you posted by Patrice funny. Guess people just have a different sense of humor. :/
__________________
“Think of what a paradise this world would be if men were kind and wise.” - Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle.

Last.fm | Goodreads | Letterboxd
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:28 AM   #692 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 896
Default

John Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:33 AM   #693 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 34,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I liked Chappelle until he started doing transphobic bits...and just can't let go. It seems like he can't make a special (or any kind of statement) without some kind of jab at trans or gay people. It's quite disappointing, but he is getting on in years. It's to be expected.
Nah man you don't get it, he's actually a genius who transgresses against cultural zeitgeists that everyone is afraid to challenge with pure, unadulterated intellect since he is a Free Thinker standing up for free speech. That's what comedy is all about, and anyone who dares criticize the greatest brilliance to grace earth needs to shut up and stop thinking about it because it's just a joke.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:46 AM   #694 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Nah man you don't get it, he's actually a genius who transgresses against cultural zeitgeists that everyone is afraid to challenge with pure, unadulterated intellect since he is a Free Thinker standing up for free speech. That's what comedy is all about, and anyone who dares criticize the greatest brilliance to grace earth needs to shut up and stop thinking about it because it's just a joke.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:49 AM   #695 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 34,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Actual footage of a Chappelle fan being told that his jokes don't always land.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:01 AM   #696 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Nah man you don't get it, he's actually a genius who transgresses against cultural zeitgeists that everyone is afraid to challenge with pure, unadulterated intellect since he is a Free Thinker standing up for free speech. That's what comedy is all about, and anyone who dares criticize the greatest brilliance to grace earth needs to shut up and stop thinking about it because it's just a joke.
he made one faux paus about trans in 2017 and then he got enough heat over it that he spitefully did another trans bit in his next special. Neither of which were that bad.

Fact is "I used to love chappelle but then he said something about trans" = I was completely on board with the anti PC edgy schtick when it didn't conflict with my politics but now that you're saying something I disagree with, shock value humor is suddenly lazy and artistically void of merit

As if chappelle show wasn't just the shock value humor of 20 years ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Real question though: I know tropical and sidereal astrology are based on different coordinates. That obviously influences the alignments and associated readings, but are they approached differently and have you noticed if one leads to more consistent (some might say rigid) self-analysis than the other?
https://johnwilkesboothblog.wordpress.com/
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:08 AM   #697 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,876
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Real question though: I know tropical and sidereal astrology are based on different coordinates. That obviously influences the alignments and associated readings, but are they approached differently and have you noticed if one leads to more consistent (some might say rigid) self-analysis than the other?
https://johnwilkesboothblog.wordpress.com/
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:10 AM   #698 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 34,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
his jokes aren't transphobic because more transphobic things exist and transphobia doesn't actually matter
Never thought of it like that. Sure is a thinker. Overthinking jokes is for cucks though so off brain go.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:12 AM   #699 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3,876
Default

Nice straw man. Coward.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Real question though: I know tropical and sidereal astrology are based on different coordinates. That obviously influences the alignments and associated readings, but are they approached differently and have you noticed if one leads to more consistent (some might say rigid) self-analysis than the other?
https://johnwilkesboothblog.wordpress.com/
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:18 AM   #700 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 34,918
Default

Come on man it's just a joke I said with the intent of making you think, why are you thinking about what I'm saying?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.