Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music > Name that Tune
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
uni
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7
Default Help me to identify the song

Guys! I need some help here! Today I heard this really awesome song. The video included a monster - looking guy, ridding a horse in a big, big city in the middle of the night. At the end, he found a pretty girl and they rode somewhere together. I totally missed the tittle of the song and now I'm very eager to find it. Maybe there is someone who knows what I'm talking about?
The song seemed fresh, but I'm not sure...
uni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,740
Default

Type of music? Rock? Pop? Hip-hop? Dance? Male or female singer? Band or solo?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
uni
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Similar to The Empire of the Sun. Male singer(s). I'm not sure, but I think it was a band. The video looked quite fresh.
The monster - looking guy was generally walking around the town, maybe it was New York?
uni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uni View Post
Similar to The Empire of the Sun.
The soundtrack to the movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uni View Post
Male singer(s). I'm not sure, but I think it was a band. The video looked quite fresh.
A band? What kind of band? Death metal? Bluegrass? R&B? Afrobeat? Is the song slow or fast or midtempo? Loud or quiet? Electric or electronic or acoustic? Could you dance to it? Was it lush or minimalistic?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
uni
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
The soundtrack to the movie?
Nope, I meant the band. :p


Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
A band? What kind of band? Death metal? Bluegrass? R&B? Afrobeat? Is the song slow or fast or midtempo? Loud or quiet? Electric or electronic or acoustic? Could you dance to it? Was it lush or minimalistic?
The song is midtempo, quiet. I could dance to it... it actually sounded similar to The Empire of the Sun song, walking on a dream.
uni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uni View Post
Nope, I meant the band. :p
Never heard of them. What type of music are they?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
uni
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Never heard of them. What type of music are they?

Genre

Pop/Rock


Styles


Alternative/Indie RockNew Wave/Post-Punk RevivalIndie ElectronicPop

Check their song, walking on the sun, I can post videos, not yet...
uni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Okay, so to narrow things down: you're looking for a quiet, mid-tempo indie electro pop song with a male vocalist. It's probably fairly recent and has a video matching the description in the OP.

Is there anything else you can tell us about it? Can you remember any of the lyrics?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
uni
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Okay, so to narrow things down: you're looking for a quiet, mid-tempo indie electro pop song with a male vocalist. It's probably fairly recent and has a video matching the description in the OP.

Is there anything else you can tell us about it? Can you remember any of the lyrics?
The only lyrics I remember is ''I'm going to get you'' and the repetition of the word ''high''.
uni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
uni
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7
Default

The song reminded me of Walking on the Sun by Empire of the Sun
uni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.