Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   New Releases Ratings Forum (https://www.musicbanter.com/new-releases-ratings-forum/)
-   -   David Bowie - ★ (Blackstar) (https://www.musicbanter.com/new-releases-ratings-forum/85073-david-bowie-blackstar.html)

TechnicLePanther 01-07-2016 07:24 AM

David Bowie - ★ (Blackstar)
 
David Bowie - ★
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...lbum_cover.jpg

Track Listing:

1. Blackstar
2. Tis a Pity She Was a Whore
3. Lazarus
4. Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)
5. Girl Loves Me
6. Dollar Days
7. I Can't Give Everything Away

5/5 for me. Whereas The Next Day was a return for Bowie, and a return to form for his career, Blackstar is a masterpiece founded on Bowie's newfound musical energy. It's exciting and invigorating, and makes Bowie important again.

grindy 01-07-2016 07:37 AM

Thanks for reminding me it's been released!
Can't wait to check it out.

Cuthbert 01-07-2016 09:21 AM

This is out? Did it leak? OP can you send me a PM pls.

JGuy Grungeman 01-07-2016 02:46 PM

I don't know about you, but I found the full album on YT. It's there, so what the heck. Cool album. I recommend it.

grindy 01-07-2016 03:12 PM

Really liked it. Certainly among Bowie's best.
I didn't even think it was that experimental. Yeah, the song structures and arrangements were at times unconventional, but not more far out than some of his other stuff. I was often reminded of Outside.
There are plenty of catchy and often beautiful melodies and Bowies voice is still as good as ever.
There are no bad songs, but the last two were less interesting than the others.
Because of that it gets a 4 out of 5 from me for now.
It might still develop into a 5/5 over time.

Cuthbert 01-07-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grindy (Post 1667590)
Really liked it. Certainly among Bowie's best.
I didn't even think it was that experimental. Yeah, the song structures and arrangements were at times unconventional, but not more far out than some of his other stuff. I was often reminded of Outside.
There are plenty of catchy and often beautiful melodies and Bowies voice is still as good as ever.
There are no bad songs, but the last two were less interesting than the others.
Because of that it gets a 4 out of 5 from me for now.
It might still develop into a 5/5 over time.

Did you Youtube it?

EDIT - fuck it, just gonna buy the CD and stop being a thieving twat. AutoRip on amazon when you purchase a CD.

grindy 01-07-2016 03:19 PM

Nah, the download can be pretty easily found.
Although all the downloads seem to have a slightly ****ty quality for now.

Cuthbert 01-07-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grindy (Post 1667596)
Nah, the download can be pretty easily found.
Although all the downloads seem to have a slightly ****ty quality for now.

Nice one, think I'll wait until it's officially out. Can't download it yet. I think the digital download is 320kbps.

grindy 01-07-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeytennis (Post 1667611)
Nice one, think I'll wait until it's officially out. Can't download it yet. I think the digital download is 320kbps.

There are even lossless downloads, but if you try to convert them to 192 kbps VBR, the bitrate becomes around 130 kbps, which most likely means that was the bitrate to begin with.

Hypocrisy 01-07-2016 07:00 PM

Gonna look for it on YouTube. Had no idea it was out yet.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 PM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.