Eminem - Revival - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > New Releases Ratings Forum
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Rate it out of 5
5 3 12.50%
4 4 16.67%
3 2 8.33%
2 6 25.00%
1 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #101 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Not considering the popularity of an artist when determining whether an artist is good is a need for validation?

You might have me confused with someone else.
You completely dismissed popular opinion, saying that most popular artists pull from musical morons that only listen because they don't know better. That is exactly what I'm talking about. You said that to validate your own opinion. It's as dumb as him bringing it up when Qqwweerrtty said that he personally doesn't think Eminem was very good of an artist in the first place. I agree, discussing personal opinion makes that useless and it's really boring to bring up something like that in these kinds of discussions. You tried to make it objective though. If you want to speak objectively like that than realize that the objective opinion on something as subjective as art belongs to the masses. Not you. No matter how musically retarded you want to think they are.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #102 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
No, it's true. Cut the need to feel validated.
you're the one seeking validation through popularity of artist

everyone else takes a "I like what I like" approach

I would think over time your tastes would develop some personality as you find artists that speak more directly to you rather than being cookie cutter marketing ploys, but maybe you're just a horrendously dull person who knows
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.

Last edited by elphenor; 12-24-2017 at 07:46 PM.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #103 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
You completely dismissed popular opinion, saying that most popular artists pull from musical morons that only listen because they don't know better.
Strawman. That's clearly not how I view music. The rest is not worth reading if that's your premise.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #104 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
you're the one seeking validation through popularity of artist

everyone else takes a "I like what I like" approach
Yes, because constantly talking about how the masses are musically retarded and don't know better is the "I like what I like" approach.

And I'm not the popular opinion, I listen to horrorcore music, that means I have terrible taste. I just don't care, I don't feel the need to call people musically retarded like you guys have and consistently do.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:45 PM   #105 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Strawman. That's clearly not how I view music. The rest is not worth reading if that's your premise.
Then why did you say that? Because you did say that. You literally said that popular opinion does not matter because it draws from people that are musical morons.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #106 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Then why did you say that? Because you did say that. You literally said that popular opinion does not matter because it draws from people that are musical morons.
*can draw

That ****'s inconsistent.

Are you reading my posts?

Quit hanging out with juggalos.

42069
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #107 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
*can draw

That ****'s inconsistent.

Are you reading my posts?

Quit hanging out with juggalos.

42069
And you think that changes anything?

Yall sound like juggalos that's the said part, this is the same **** juggalos say.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:55 PM   #108 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
And you think that changes anything?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. Obviously. Are you ****ing stupid? Obviously.

If you're going to try to paint this dumb ass opinion into the objectivity corner, then you need to consider how inconsistent and unreliable popularity is for determining quality.

Quote:
Yall sound like juggalos that's the said part, this is the same **** juggalos say.
That popularity is out of the photo when determining whether an artist is good or not? If so then they have that part of music philosophy nailed down.

**** you. I hope you die.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:59 PM   #109 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Yes, because constantly talking about how the masses are musically retarded and don't know better is the "I like what I like" approach.

And I'm not the popular opinion, I listen to horrorcore music, that means I have terrible taste. I just don't care, I don't feel the need to call people musically retarded like you guys have and consistently do.
Ive expressed what just happens to be the truth

quite a lot popular music is designed to be that way in corporate board rooms the same way a Transformer movie is concocted

if you're someone really into film you will probably be bored by a transformers movie
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #110 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,187
Default

Not even that just....ugh I ****ing hate you people. **** it.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.