Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Pop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2020, 04:15 AM   #571 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 43,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I think spelling variation are easier for copyright purposes. e.g. P!nk, she doesn't have to worry about Victoria Secret suing her for having "Pink" clothing/concert tees - however unlikely that might be.
Kesha is her actual name though so I doubt she has to worry about that.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:04 PM   #572 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Kesha is her actual name though so I doubt she has to worry about that.
It works either way. If there is bootleg material out there and they don't take time to use the $ sign in her name then she can spot it a mile away. It is a precautionary measure so she won't get undercut by bootleggers. It's all about money. Her name is her brand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #573 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 43,588
Default

You're thinking too hard. Note the smoke coming out of your ears.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #574 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're thinking too hard. Note the smoke coming out of your ears.
Ke$ha makes you think hard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #575 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 42
Default

There's a recent interview with Kesha here:

https://www.nme.com/big-reads/the-bi...-happy-2602202
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:16 AM   #576 (permalink)
Ⱨł₲ⱧɆⱤ Vł฿Ɽ₳₮łØ₦₴
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 6,378
Default


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHY4KH4PK7Y



Quote:
TED
Nov 16, 2020
She got a short Ted Talk! ....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNCEV7ZSNFo


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGj3BKZj248
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:44 PM   #577 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,857
Default

The Stones cover is pretty solid.

Could have done without whatever art-project crying she had going in the Dylan cover though.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:38 AM   #578 (permalink)
Ⱨł₲ⱧɆⱤ Vł฿Ɽ₳₮łØ₦₴
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 6,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
The Stones cover is pretty solid.

Could have done without whatever art-project crying she had going in the Dylan cover though.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.