Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Pop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2015, 10:15 AM   #91 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Akyho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror View Post
Never a guilty pleasure just a pleasure.
The guilty part is the German version not the "accepted" English one.



Akyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:26 PM   #92 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 99
Default Careless Whisper

when I was stationed in Germany, my unit and I were hoisting a buncha tents for a stupid base exercise...so just to kinda chop it up somebody started singing Careless Whisper and then a buncha dudes just broke out in concert!! It was hilarious--ever since, that song had a special place in my memories, understandably!!!

It always takes people by surprise when you just start singing that aloud...

I like to sing it to to my homies--you'd be surprised how you can make a grown man blush when you sing some fruitloop song to them as tho you were tryin'a serenade 'em.

I don't feel guilty about 80s music tho...I represent my 80s baby merit badge like it's goin' outta style and if people don't understand it--sucks to be them!!! REGANOMICS 4 LIFE!!!

Oh is "The Breakup Song" by the Greg Kihn Band 80s or late 70s? I like that a lot too...
Hip-Hop Homework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #93 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15
Default

Asia - Heat of the Moment or anything by Huey Lewis and the News.
onlyalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #94 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Lilja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyho View Post

I saw her sing live last year...I can tell you that she has aged beautifully but she was really bad in concert (to the point that most walked out).

Some groups have still got it though such as the following (although with a bit of lypsynching in this concert but overall really good ):



Alphaville - "Forever Young", "Big in Japan"

Last edited by Lilja; 12-16-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 06:34 AM   #95 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Akyho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
I saw her sing live last year...I can tell you that she has aged beautifully but she was really bad in concert (to the point that most walked out).
Sam fox is an odd one she was pretty big 80s early 90s in the UK then just dropped off...to come back a little crazier than before. She is like Katie Price/Jordan if she had a personality and at-least some talent.

Still too many good songs were fronted by her that feel totally out of place nowadays ha!


Kylie Minouge however has kept on keeping on despite even her cancer at times.
Akyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #96 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip-Hop Homework View Post
when I was stationed in Germany, my unit and I were hoisting a buncha tents for a stupid base exercise...so just to kinda chop it up somebody started singing Careless Whisper and then a buncha dudes just broke out in concert!! It was hilarious--ever since, that song had a special place in my memories, understandably!!!

It always takes people by surprise when you just start singing that aloud...

I like to sing it to to my homies--you'd be surprised how you can make a grown man blush when you sing some fruitloop song to them as tho you were tryin'a serenade 'em.

I don't feel guilty about 80s music tho...I represent my 80s baby merit badge like it's goin' outta style and if people don't understand it--sucks to be them!!! REGANOMICS 4 LIFE!!!

Oh is "The Breakup Song" by the Greg Kihn Band 80s or late 70s? I like that a lot too...
Where were you stationed?

Still love me some The Fixx:





__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #97 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,234
Default

__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:04 AM   #98 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyho View Post
Sam fox is an odd one she was pretty big 80s early 90s in the UK then just dropped off...to come back a little crazier than before. She is like Katie Price/Jordan if she had a personality and at-least some talent.
Not to mention being a total babe back with a rockin' rack in the day.


__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #99 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Lilja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 521
Default

Tears for Fears - "Everybody wants to Rule the World"



Duran Duran - "Save A Prayer"

Last edited by Lilja; 12-17-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:12 AM   #100 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Mr.White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 24
Default

Eddie Murphy - Boogy in your butt
Mr.White is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.