Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Prog & Psychedelic Rock (https://www.musicbanter.com/prog-psychedelic-rock/)
-   -   Favorite Jimi Hendrix song? (https://www.musicbanter.com/prog-psychedelic-rock/107-favorite-jimi-hendrix-song.html)

Antonio 05-29-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starfish (Post 668452)
Ahhhh !!!!!! How to choose only one !?!?!
...ok
Hey Joe :)

*facepalm*

Erika! 05-29-2009 07:05 PM

It's a tough one between All along the watchtower and Star Spangled Banner.

mr dave 05-29-2009 07:06 PM

you people know hendrix played more than just covers right?

Antonio 05-29-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr dave (Post 668575)
you people know hendrix played more than just covers right?

that's what irks me about many of the responses in this thread

mr dave 05-29-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonio (Post 668579)
that's what irks me about many of the responses in this thread

i totally hear ya. it's not that his covers are bad, but seriously the man was more than just a flashy guitar player. i know this, and you know this, i only wish more people took the time to listen to those three experience albums as opposed to just the 5 'essential' tunes (purple haze, hey joe, star spangled banner, all along the watchtower, voodoo chile) only 2 of which are originals.

Antonio 05-29-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr dave (Post 668588)
i totally hear ya. it's not that his covers are bad, but seriously the man was more than just a flashy guitar player. i know this, and you know this, i only wish more people took the time to listen to those three experience albums as opposed to just the 5 'essential' tunes (purple haze, hey joe, star spangled banner, all along the watchtower, voodoo chile) only 2 of which are originals.

....wanna post some songs then?

333 05-29-2009 07:18 PM

I gotta go with


mr dave 05-29-2009 07:30 PM

my top pick... not the best quality but whatever, there doesn't seem to be an album version online



another favourite - this one takes about all of 9 seconds to make all the hair on my body stand on edge.



last but not least a live double shot.


jackhammer 05-29-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonio (Post 668590)
....wanna post some songs then?

Here you go:





and this is so good:


Antonio 05-29-2009 07:32 PM

yeah, i love those songs, and i got a few of my own as well

Angel-instrumental version 1st then the song


Little Wing(for anyone who hasn't heard it yet)



Valleys of Neptune(piano)-for mr. dave ;)

-yes that's Jimi playing piano


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 PM.


© 2003-2023 Advameg, Inc.