Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Punk
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

The Menzingers - On The Impossible Past
The Descendants - Milo Goes To College
Black Lips - Arabia Mountain
Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory/Here & Nowhere Else (tie)
Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine (Dance-punk)
Iceage - New Brigade (Post-punk)
The Thermals - The Body, The Blood, The Machine
Titus Andronicus - Airing of Grievances
Andrew Jackson Jihad - Knife Man (Folk-punk)
The Gaslight Anthem - The 59' Sound


Hope I'm not limited to just straight up punk, cause all these records have elements of punk in them, even if they incorporate other sounds as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today

Last edited by Justthefacts; 09-22-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
The Menzingers - On The Impossible Past
The Descendants - Milo Goes To College
Black Lips - Arabia Mountain
Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory/Here & Nowhere Else (tie)
Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine (Dance-punk)
Iceage - New Brigade (Post-punk)
The Thermals - The Body, The Blood, The Machine
Titus Andronicus - Airing of Grievances
Andrew Jackson Jihad - Knife Man (Folk-punk)
The Gaslight Anthem - The 59' Sound


Hope I'm not limited to just straight up punk, cause all these records have elements of punk in them, even if they incorporate other sounds as well.
Anything that has to do with Punk. I just sticked to straight up punk in my list because it's easier.
btw, I'm in love with the Menzingers.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 29
Default

1. Wire - Pink Flag
2. Husker Du - Zen Arcade
3. Wipers - Is this Real
4. Misfits - Static Age
5. Black Flag - The First Four Years
6. Minuteman - Double Nickels On the Dime
7. The Clash - London Calling
8. The Fall - Live From the Witch Trials
9. The Stooges - Raw Power
10. Pere Ube - The Modern Dance

honorable mention.Ramones,Dead Kennedys,Death,Sex Pistols,Minor Threat,Descendents,Bad Brains.
newbands1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,216
Default

^dude
great list

Misfits - Static Age *high five*
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
^dude
great list

Misfits - Static Age *high five*
I find it to be much superior to Legacy and Walk among Us.In fact I couldn't believe that Static Age was recorded before Walk Among Us as some of the songs went beyond the standard Punk style and could be considered Post-Punk.

Is it just me or is Last Caress and Teenagers From Mars on Static sound less intense on here than on Collection/Beware?
newbands1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbands1 View Post
I find it to be much superior to Legacy and Walk among Us.In fact I couldn't believe that Static Age was recorded before Walk Among Us as some of the songs went beyond the standard Punk style and could be considered Post-Punk.
Which songs? I've always felt that Static Age had a more garagey, proto-punk sound than their later stuff.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
Anything that has to do with Punk. I just sticked to straight up punk in my list because it's easier.
btw, I'm in love with the Menzingers.
Menzingers all the way. Although I've only heard that record by them, but come on, that records a masterpiece.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Which songs? I've always felt that Static Age had a more garagey, proto-punk sound than their later stuff.
Come Back,Tv Casualty.
I think you're right "garagey, proto-punk" is more accurate description of the sound.
newbands1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
^dude
great list

Misfits - Static Age *high five*
So many people seem to love Static Age, it's usually the fan favourite, but I don't like it at all :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
Menzingers all the way. Although I've only heard that record by them, but come on, that records a masterpiece.
Chamberlain's waiting is also really good, it's the second album.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post



Chamberlain's waiting is also really good, it's the second album.
Which would you prefer?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.