Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Punk
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Lovedreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Default First Punk Band?

What do you consider the first punk band and why?
What was the first punk band you heard/loved and why?

As far as first punk band I would really have to mull it over between Death or the Hollywood Brats. First punk band I loved was the Ramones. First time I heard it it was all over for me.

I'm sure this has been a thread before, but I'm brand spanking ass new, so I don't know what the ****s going on yet.
Lovedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Midnight Rolls Around
 
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 4,034
Default

I consider Television to be the first punk band, by way of diy ethos and sound (Little Johnny Jewel came out in 75).

The first real punk album I listened to was AFI's The Art of Drowning when I was a sophomore in high school. Before that I was pretty big into grunge and late 90s/early 2000s radio rock.
__________________
I DON"T SMOKE CRACK MUDAFUCKKKA I SELL IIIIT!!!

YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

Emo/Pop Punk Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Lovedreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Default

Yeah, regardless I really love Television. Death recorded their first ep in 75 as well, and Hollywood Brats recorded their first album in 73 but it wasn't released until 75 when they had broken up. The only thing is wether or not Hollywood Brats are punk, but when I listen to 'sick on you' I feel like yes, but I suppose that is debatable.
Lovedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,877
Default

<3

__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Midnight Rolls Around
 
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 4,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovedreams View Post
Yeah, regardless I really love Television. Death recorded their first ep in 75 as well, and Hollywood Brats recorded their first album in 73 but it wasn't released until 75 when they had broken up. The only thing is wether or not Hollywood Brats are punk, but when I listen to 'sick on you' I feel like yes, but I suppose that is debatable.
Oh damn, just hearing this for the first time now and it's indeed punk as ****. But then again some would say even Queen Bitch was really punk.
__________________
I DON"T SMOKE CRACK MUDAFUCKKKA I SELL IIIIT!!!

YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

Emo/Pop Punk Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,877
Default

The Death singer has a lot of spots on the album that sound like HR from Bad Brains

But that's just because I'm racist
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Lovedreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Default

True, it's honestly such a subjective question, it drives me crazy sometimes
Lovedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Lovedreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
The Death singer has a lot of spots on the album that sound like HR from Bad Brains

But that's just because I'm racist
Lol yeah, I'd say reverse that, but yeah I've thought that too.
Lovedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Lovedreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Thumbs up

Also, love the Shane-O Mac gif homeboy
Lovedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Midnight Rolls Around
 
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 4,034
Default

I missed seeing Death live a few years ago at our local music festival. Their sons are doing the band under the same name and I heard they still have it going on.
__________________
I DON"T SMOKE CRACK MUDAFUCKKKA I SELL IIIIT!!!

YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

Emo/Pop Punk Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.