Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine
But Nas is still better than a lot fo the rookies emerging on the scene.

Nas vs

50 cent
the game
chingy

= Nas

I won't go as far as to say he's better than Jay-Z because my opinion will be a little biased sice I don't care too much for Jay-Z's lyrics or his beats but I do aknowledge the fact that he's better than a lot of other rappers.
VERY TRUE! People coming out now in the rap scene are garbage. Nas is ONE of the best lyricists out now, hands down.

Chingy is straight trash..50, trash, the Game is aight.

Jay-Z is one of my fav rappers of all time, i think dude can spit.
Dizz-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
snickers
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,194
Default

^

About Jay-Z, I concur
__________________
A mi no me importa nada
Para mi la vida es un sueño
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
;)
 
cardboard adolescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Default

cLOUDDEAD is the future of hip-hop. Actually, probably not. But that would be cool.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizz-E
VERY TRUE! People coming out now in the rap scene are garbage. Nas is ONE of the best lyricists out now, hands down.

Chingy is straight trash..50, trash, the Game is aight.

Jay-Z is one of my fav rappers of all time, i think dude can spit.
I don't quite agree with your opinion on the Game. I think he doesn't have a place amongst some of the best rappers ever.
I prefer him over 50, but then that isn't saying much because i'll choose anything over 50
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine
I don't quite agree with your opinion on the Game. I think he doesn't have a place amongst some of the best rappers ever.
I prefer him over 50, but then that isn't saying much because i'll choose anything over 50

I don't think Game has sh*t on any good rapper, but he did get the west back on the map. He was advertised well, and people responded to him well. He's mainly an entertainer, I wouldn't really consider him a good rapper or nothin.

But, I went to How The West Was Won, small little tour in the west coast and it was OoWee (yes that's dudes name) and Snoop and Game. And that was one of the best concerts ive ever been to in my life..but that's a lil
Dizz-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou
 
swim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,188
Default

I hope it goes back to its roots. Or I just wish the commercial scene will die.
__________________
http://nakednaps.bandcamp.com/
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizz-E
I don't think Game has sh*t on any good rapper, but he did get the west back on the map. He was advertised well, and people responded to him well. He's mainly an entertainer, I wouldn't really consider him a good rapper or nothin.

But, I went to How The West Was Won, small little tour in the west coast and it was OoWee (yes that's dudes name) and Snoop and Game. And that was one of the best concerts ive ever been to in my life..but that's a lil
Best concert I went to featuring rappers was Anger Management a few years ago. That was nice. This was back when Eminem was still in his prime.

And most rappers today are nothing but entertainers.
Although I fear I might have to make an exception where Ludacris is concerned.
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou
 
swim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,188
Default

Um I'm sorry but aren't all musicians are entertainers? And if you're just talking about gimmics and stage antics all music has that too.
__________________
http://nakednaps.bandcamp.com/
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Full-Time Hellion
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimintheundertow
Um I'm sorry but aren't all musicians are entertainers? And if you're just talking about gimmics and stage antics all music has that too.
Yeah all musicians are entertainers.

What I meant was how must rappers today aren't musicians so much as they are comedians.
And I wasn't considering gimmics and stage antics when I wrote that particular post. I was focusing solely on the music (and lack thereof) aspect of today's rappers
__________________
A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
snickers
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,194
Default

__________________
A mi no me importa nada
Para mi la vida es un sueño
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.