Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #71 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
ashtray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canerrrrduuuh
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Seeing as there was Rap 20 years ago...
It doesn't matter how long its been around it's about how long they can milk and market it. All genres start out with pioneers and originality but soon carbon copies follow and the real listeners just don't buy the new **** cause it just simply sucks. Looks like rap is getting right up there with country. HAHAH you tell me the rap nowadays isn't a joke. They take themselves so serious in those videos honestly I find it funnier than retro.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #72 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

There's plenty of good rap, it's just not in the mainstream. People will keep buying/making that so I could care less if Kanye sells or not. Regardless people have been marketing ****ty boy bands (Or something similar) since the beginning of the recorded music, even with the internet there will always be **** like that.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #73 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
ashtray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canerrrrduuuh
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
There's plenty of good rap, it's just not in the mainstream. People will keep buying/making that so I could care less if Kanye sells or not. Regardless people have been marketing ****ty boy bands (Or something similar) since the beginning of the recorded music, even with the internet there will always be **** like that.
I agree there is plenty of good rap, I liked some of the mainstream rap from the late 80's early 90's. Your right about the marketing, maybe rap is just one of the longer runners. No matter what you listen to SOMEONE is gonna say it sucks or is a joke.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:57 AM   #74 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DJ Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 202
Default

At this rate, with all of the extremely ****ty rap out there now(which is just about everything on the charts/radio today), I would gladly say:

NON EXISTANT.
DJ Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #75 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
I agree there is plenty of good rap, I liked some of the mainstream rap from the late 80's early 90's. Your right about the marketing, maybe rap is just one of the longer runners. No matter what you listen to SOMEONE is gonna say it sucks or is a joke.
There's still good rap today, and millions of kids who the ****ty rap and whose kids will like the ****ty rap. Tastes change, but whole genres stay 'alive'. Rap is not a trend, it's a genre.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #76 (permalink)
How High?
 
Meph1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 682
Default

Jesus it keeps getting worse. Get Silly? This stuff makes Lil' Jon listenable.

Meph1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #77 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
Default

"everyone always asks - wheres hip-hop going? Next time ask yourself where am i going? how am i doing? If were smoked out hiphop will be smoked out, if im doing alright hip hop will be alright. - the mighty mos

Last edited by JSpeed; 08-18-2008 at 04:41 PM.
JSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #78 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 41
Default

For the last ten or 15 years rap has been mixing with rock. they'll probably start mixing it with a lot of other styles as well -- country rap(?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
There's still good rap today, and millions of kids who the ****ty rap and whose kids will like the ****ty rap. Tastes change, but whole genres stay 'alive'. Rap is not a trend, it's a genre.
I like your beef.
dallasrockscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #79 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasrockscene View Post
For the last ten or 15 years rap has been mixing with rock. they'll probably start mixing it with a lot of other styles as well -- country rap(?).
lol, Three 6 Mafia...? Basically country rap..
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #80 (permalink)
I'm a figure of forgotten
 
lucylamppost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: canada
Posts: 349
Default

I see more women rappers and more rap bands ......and also me at the top
__________________

lucylamppost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.