Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #111 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWaterBurn View Post
I'm gonna have to check out the leaked MF Doom. I listened to him much more a few years ago, and it's been awhile since I listened to him. He always has killer beats and such a unique flow. Sometimes I think he trades lyrics for rhyme schemes but it's a worthy trade-off. Or more likely I don't understand the lingo sometimes.
it's just his beats on this one (pretty much all of his big older ones), although he's on one track in here i think. masta ace spits
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #112 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

Son of Yvonne is hardly a new Doom album although it does feature his beats - the same ones you've been hearing since the late 90s.
I personally still love those beats but more to the point this feels like much more of a Masta Ace album as he raps on all tracks and it has a theme built around himself, namely his past and his relationship with his mother, Yvonne. Unless you're absolutely dying to hear it, I suggest waiting until it actually drops so that you can steal a version with better sound quality.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #113 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Son of Yvonne is hardly a new Doom album although it does feature his beats - the same ones you've been hearing since the late 90s.
I personally still love those beats but more to the point this feels like much more of a Masta Ace album as he raps on all tracks and it has a theme built around himself, namely his past and his relationship with his mother, Yvonne. Unless you're absolutely dying to hear it, I suggest waiting until it actually drops so that you can steal a version with better sound quality.
Sort of agree with this, although I didn't find any problems with the quality of my download. If you're just checking this out for DOOM, you might as well just keep listening to his older stuff or Special Herbs. Still though, I really like Masta Ace on this, and I was glad that Orris Root Powder was on it (that beat really deserved to be rapped over).

Track DOOM's on (at 1:42):



This track's probably my favourite:

Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #114 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Track DOOM's on (at 1:42):



This beat is one of my faves. Thom if your feeling nostalgia for early doom production i can't recommend this enough.



Wu Tang has used a few of these beats




These are the fondle em fossil label cats rapping. Fondle was the same label that put out juggaknots i think.

These is my fave song by them


(DOOM @ 3:00)

Last edited by Sparky; 05-17-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #115 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Sort of agree with this, although I didn't find any problems with the quality of my download. If you're just checking this out for DOOM, you might as well just keep listening to his older stuff or Special Herbs. Still though, I really like Masta Ace on this, and I was glad that Orris Root Powder was on it (that beat really deserved to be rapped over).
I just took the first DL I could find and it sounds pretty crappy. Also, I wasn't saying Ace is bad at all, just that this is more his work than Doom's. I think it's maybe a great album really. I was happy to hear Doom rap at least for a few seconds - that song with him and Big Daddy Kane is fairly awesome.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #116 (permalink)
Stoned and Jammin' Out
 
Mrd00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California; Eugene, OR; mobile
Posts: 1,597
Default

Monsta Island Czars is tight. Poison Windz is killer, but not shabby at all.
__________________
Mrd00d's Last.fm

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #117 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

Oh No & DOOM- “3 Dollars”*|*The Needle Drop

Maybe this should go in an Oh No thread if there is one, but here is better than nowhere.

Classy track.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #118 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

That was dope.

That makes like 8 upcoming projects doom has coming out now...if he would just release one goddammit
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #119 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,839
Default

Don't worry, Sparky. I checked out Monsta Island Czars a while ago.

What's going on with his collaboration with Jneiro Jarel? I thought that **** was supposed to be released in May. Can't believe it hasn't leaked.

Doomed Visionz - Behind The Mask With DOOM | Clash Music Exclusive Interview

Here's an interview that is referencing tracks and even lines, so I'm not sure what the holdup is.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #120 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Here's an interview that is referencing tracks and even lines, so I'm not sure what the holdup is.
I think he's just lazy

to reference the lyrics from Monkey Suite

Quote:
Sane, some say he plum crazy
Amazed at how he still get paid but dumb lazy
That's for him to know and for you to guess
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.