Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #41 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
(sin)TAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: chasing a bee inside a jar
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
You know what hasn't been mentioned yet?

yes a definite MASTERPIECE!!! absolutely LOVE this album. everything about its it great!!!

Ghostface Killah- Ironman
GZA- Liquid Swords
Raekwon- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
__________________
one...wun...1
(sin)TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
Correct, it's the only one you will ever need.
I kinda need Mm Food, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #43 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
You know what hasn't been mentioned yet?

Ugh. Back when that album came out I had a downstairs neighbor who used to blast it day and night. It was like it was the only music he owned. I've avoided it for years and I'm still not sure I could ever give the thing a fair listen because of that.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #44 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,532
Default

S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. by onebelo is killer album.
it's definately in my top ten.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #45 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Ugh. Back when that album came out I had a downstairs neighbor who used to blast it day and night. It was like it was the only music he owned. I've avoided it for years and I'm still not sure I could ever give the thing a fair listen because of that.
Sorry Luke but I have to agree with Janszoon on this one. I think this album was one of those crossover albums that melded an RnB asthetic onto a Hip Hop beat and unleashed a whole heap of trash on the world.

It is not solely responsible but this album definitely ushered in a new way of marketing Hip Hop methinks.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERIAL View Post
Well they're far from groundbreaking, but I enjoy The Fugee's from time to time. They can't be blamed for all the ****ty Rn'B music imposed on the world Jackhammer!
No but they contributed
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Sorry Luke but I have to agree with Janszoon on this one. I think this album was one of those crossover albums that melded an RnB asthetic onto a Hip Hop beat and unleashed a whole heap of trash on the world.

It is not solely responsible but this album definitely ushered in a new way of marketing Hip Hop methinks.
Thats unfair isn't it?

Look at how the fugees were marketed, and compare them to artists now. Do you really see much of a connection between Akon, R-kelly, T-Pain with the fugees?

Are you going to blame the pioneers of punk as being responsible for blink-182 and avril lavigne?

You make it seem like every album that blends RnB is crap, which is incredibly far from reality.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #48 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

I hated that fugees album.

It was like the world first hip hop album for dinner parties.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #49 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

What does that even mean?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Thats unfair isn't it?

Look at how the fugees were marketed, and compare them to artists now. Do you really see much of a connection between Akon, R-kelly, T-Pain with the fugees?

Are you going to blame the pioneers of punk as being responsible for blink-182 and avril lavigne?

You make it seem like every album that blends RnB is crap, which is incredibly far from reality.
I see a connection between all those artists and The Fugees TBH. I said they are partly to blame but not all. Ordinary folks all of a sudden thought they knew Hip Hop when they heard this album and the marketing guys found a gap in the market.

It happened in the mid to late 80's with Rock music (Bon Jovi, Europe etc) and again in the mid 90's with bands like Green Day. They pushed these genres to the forefront which in turn bred similar bands. Why did heavier guitar music explode early 2000?

Marketing music is big business and The Fugees album (whether it was good or not) ushered in a new era of Urban music.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.