Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Greatest White Rapper Poll
Eminem 216 41.54%
Eyedea 8 1.54%
Brother Ali 7 1.35%
Slug 22 4.23%
EL P 11 2.12%
Beastie Boys 80 15.38%
Cage 3 0.58%
3rd Bass 3 0.58%
Sage Francis 22 4.23%
Vanilla Ice 18 3.46%
Everlast (House of Pain) 10 1.92%
ICP 3 0.58%
Lil Wyte 8 1.54%
Mac Lethal 0 0%
Paul Wall 3 0.58%
Kid Rock 6 1.15%
Aesop Rock 51 9.81%
Other (please specify) 49 9.42%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #461 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

i don't know, i guess a fair amount. But eminem destroys everyone on this list.
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #462 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
i don't know, i guess a fair amount. But eminem destroys everyone on this list.
Who have you listened to on the list? And what would be a fair amount?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #463 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Who have you listened to on the list? And what would be a fair amount?
i don't know. I used to listen to a ton of rap when i was younger. I owned like 100 rap cd's if that tells you anything. Do you not agree em is the best or what?

oh, and on the list, almost everybody.
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #464 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,888
Default

Oh yeah, that's real believable.
Em's alright but he can't touch El-P, Aesop..ect. ect.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #465 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Default

slug is more native than he is white
i mean, look at ant lol.
iBuProFeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #466 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
i don't know. I used to listen to a ton of rap when i was younger. I owned like 100 rap cd's if that tells you anything.
That's a fair amount indeed.

Quote:
Do you not agree em is the best or what?
Well, I want to disagree and say Bo Burnham is better, but he's got a few blazin tracks while Em probably has those few plus more. But Bo spits fire and has some of the funniest lines I've ever heard.

Quote:
oh, and on the list, almost everybody.
Well I can appreciate that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #467 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Right, I'm a bandwagon hip-hop fan/def jux fanboy.
Right.
Rhyme scheme, flow, and production have nothing on... well we'll just stick with Ali for the sake of argument. Dre's beats have nothing on Ant. Eminem is hit or miss. For every Mockingbird there's an I'm Retarded. Lyrically it's mostly one liners that get stale over time. His voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard. His ''accent'' reinvents itself every album. He's good for a little levity from time to time and is a good rapper. He's basically making Twiztd/Necro music with skill. Best white rapper though?? Naaaaah man.
And just because he creates polarizing views doesn't mean it's ok to slide in with "you don't like him cause ur tryin to be sooo indierap"


But hey, in more interesting eminem news, here is Asher Roth's latest tweet:

"asherroth: Been a day of rest and relaxation, sorry twitter - hanging out with nappy headed hoes"
Asher Roth tweeted that weeks ago.

That said, with the bold, way to completely make your point invalid instantly. One is considered one of the best producers of all time. Hint: It's not Ant. Your whole argument makes it sound like you haven't heard anything off an Em album that's not a single. Again, maybe hip-hop's not your thing. But good luck.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #468 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
That's a fair amount indeed.


Well, I want to disagree and say Bo Burnham is better, but he's got a few blazin tracks while Em probably has those few plus more. But Bo spits fire and has some of the funniest lines I've ever heard.


Well I can appreciate that.
well, i have never listened to bo and i will listen to him later. My opinion will probably not change at all though. Got any song recommendations?
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #469 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
well, i have never listened to bo and i will listen to him later. My opinion will probably not change at all though. Got any song recommendations?
I'm Bo Yo, Bo Fo Sho, and 3.14 Apple Pi are his strictly Rap songs, so those are the ones I'd say.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #470 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo View Post
Asher Roth tweeted that weeks ago.

That said, with the bold, way to completely make your point invalid instantly. One is considered one of the best producers of all time. Hint: It's not Ant. Your whole argument makes it sound like you haven't heard anything off an Em album that's not a single. Again, maybe hip-hop's not your thing. But good luck.
Oh, patronizing wins arguments.

But yeeeeah, sorry if pitchfork said Dre did better on Em's shit than Ant did on Ali's. They do that same thing you do and vote for the most popular rappers for the sake of going against the flow of the backpackers.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.