Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Greatest White Rapper Poll
Eminem 216 41.54%
Eyedea 8 1.54%
Brother Ali 7 1.35%
Slug 22 4.23%
EL P 11 2.12%
Beastie Boys 80 15.38%
Cage 3 0.58%
3rd Bass 3 0.58%
Sage Francis 22 4.23%
Vanilla Ice 18 3.46%
Everlast (House of Pain) 10 1.92%
ICP 3 0.58%
Lil Wyte 8 1.54%
Mac Lethal 0 0%
Paul Wall 3 0.58%
Kid Rock 6 1.15%
Aesop Rock 51 9.81%
Other (please specify) 49 9.42%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #641 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
AshleighJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 88
Default

lol i chose vanilla ice :]
i love him:]
__________________
My love....If only he was still alive♥
AshleighJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #642 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
Aesop Rock featured on a track off of Tobacco's album Fucked Up Friends

good post. I'd never heard this before
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #643 (permalink)
Say something vague
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,549
Default

I picked Eyedea, but I also like Slug and Aesop Rock.
__________________
Charlemagne had eyes like a lover, but last winter there was weather and his eyes they iced right over.

My Last.fm
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:34 AM   #644 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Out There
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylamppost View Post
HillTop Hoods
Lol, they get airplay in Canada? i dont mind them, just surprised.
__________________
Dont worry, Be Happy
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #645 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,887
Default

I dont really have any beefs with Bazooka Tooth, it just sort of lacks for me compared to his other albums.

I tried playing None Shall Pass for a group of kids who listen to the Three 6 collective pretty much exclusively, save the new Em album. They couldn’t get into it at all, apparently it's "just talking with some drumming in the background." My head almost exploded when I heard that.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #646 (permalink)
Cardboard Box Realtor
 
LoathsomePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobb's End
Posts: 7,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
I dont really have any beefs with Bazooka Tooth, it just sort of lacks for me compared to his other albums.

I tried playing None Shall Pass for a group of kids who listen to the Three 6 collective pretty much exclusively, save the new Em album. They couldn’t get into it at all, apparently it's "just talking with some drumming in the background." My head almost exploded when I heard that.
I tried doing that as well but with Blackalicious and got the same response. That's when I realized that the people had never listened to anything of that nature and were basically raised on top 40's radio hip hop. From there I made a mix CD for the car of Immortal Technique, Ill Bill, and Hochii which all have that similar "hard" sound and feeling that you find with mainstream rap and the people I was taxiing around really enjoyed it. That's just one example, but I think for some people they need to be eased into the indie stuff because it's such a rapid departure from what they're use to hearing. Or of course they just really didn't like Aesop Rock.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #647 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
This poll should be remade with good rappers.
So i'm working on this. Suggestions?

Current list:

Emienem
Slug
EL P
Sage francis
Aesop Rock
Vinnie Paz
Brother ali
Cage
Kno
mc chris
Sadistik
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.

Last edited by FaSho; 07-31-2009 at 04:42 PM.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:03 PM   #648 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,887
Default

Honestly I don't even look at the poll anymore, but it sure could use some Buck 65 and Sole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I tried doing that as well but with Blackalicious and got the same response. That's when I realized that the people had never listened to anything of that nature and were basically raised on top 40's radio hip hop. From there I made a mix CD for the car of Immortal Technique, Ill Bill, and Hochii which all have that similar "hard" sound and feeling that you find with mainstream rap and the people I was taxiing around really enjoyed it. That's just one example, but I think for some people they need to be eased into the indie stuff because it's such a rapid departure from what they're use to hearing. Or of course they just really didn't like Aesop Rock.
I figured that was the case, although at one point I put on The Cold Vein as well, and they weren't too keen on that either. I suppose el-p's production is an acquired taste, but that album’s overall sound isn’t much different from what they’re use to. I do know a few of them like Tech Nine and Immortal Technique, so all is not lost!

Not to say i can't get down on some Pastor Troy or 8Ball & MJG from time to time.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #649 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Eminem - The Warning (Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Diss) | Hip Hop Songs > HipHopDX.com

And before someone says "well who cares it's about mariah"...i don't care. it could be about miley cyrus. it's still fire.

he just needs to get this mad for an album and be able to put himself in that top tier.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #650 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo View Post
Eminem - The Warning (Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Diss) | Hip Hop Songs > HipHopDX.com

And before someone says "well who cares it's about mariah"...i don't care. it could be about miley cyrus. it's still fire.

he just needs to get this mad for an album and be able to put himself in that top tier.
damn!
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.