Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Greatest White Rapper Poll
Eminem 216 41.54%
Eyedea 8 1.54%
Brother Ali 7 1.35%
Slug 22 4.23%
EL P 11 2.12%
Beastie Boys 80 15.38%
Cage 3 0.58%
3rd Bass 3 0.58%
Sage Francis 22 4.23%
Vanilla Ice 18 3.46%
Everlast (House of Pain) 10 1.92%
ICP 3 0.58%
Lil Wyte 8 1.54%
Mac Lethal 0 0%
Paul Wall 3 0.58%
Kid Rock 6 1.15%
Aesop Rock 51 9.81%
Other (please specify) 49 9.42%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #681 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
Eminem by far
This.

Although my Hip-Hop listening is very limited - Slim, Jay-Z, Kanye's first 3 albums, Common, Nas and a couple of others are about it but still. I love Eminem. "Modern day Shakespeare"
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #682 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Insane Guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,320
Default

Based on what I've heard on the list, Eminem. I don't like much rap, but some of his material is actually pretty good.
Insane Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #683 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Arrow The Beastie Boys

Isnt the Beastie Boys one of the greatest of 'core' hip hop bands.
Big time musical influence, when considering Funk Rock/subgenres of today.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #684 (permalink)
What a guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brentwood, TN
Posts: 2,124
Default

whoa surell posted
__________________
last.fm
khfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #685 (permalink)
Groupie
 
dave1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alba
Posts: 27
Default

Two words Brother Ali
dave1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #686 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
This.

Although my Hip-Hop listening is very limited - Slim, Jay-Z, Kanye's first 3 albums, Common, Nas and a couple of others are about it but still. I love Eminem. "Modern day Shakespeare"
so you've heard like, one white rapper and assume he's the best one?
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #687 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
so you've heard like, one white rapper and assume he's the best one?
No, he's my favourite and judging by the poll he's my favourite with good reason.
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #688 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
No, he's my favourite and judging by the poll he's my favourite with good reason.
Not if all of the Eminem voters' reason is that they haven't really listened to 75% of the poll options. I think that's Jester's point. Eminem has made some fun/good music but often the music that he chose to make is really poor quality compared to a lot of the others on the poll. Simply ruined by commercial interests that were probably largely out of Em's control. Eminem is a good or even great rapper but there are many flaws in his music just like any commercial thing.

No matter what, Aesop Rock is better
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #689 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Not if all of the Eminem voters' reason is that they haven't really listened to 75% of the poll options. I think that's Jester's point. Eminem has made some fun/good music but often the music that he chose to make is really poor quality compared to a lot of the others on the poll. Simply ruined by commercial interests that were probably largely out of Em's control. Eminem is a good or even great rapper but there are many flaws in his music just like any commercial thing.

No matter what, Aesop Rock is better
I already said my Hip-Hop was limited, I just voted for my favourite. Like I'm sure a lot of people who voted Eminem have done, I think white or black he's one of the best anyway, so listening to a bunch of white other rappers, I may like them but I'd still prefer Eminem. I've heard about 3 of the ones on the poll. If people want to blindy vote Eminem as their favourite then there's nothing wrong with that. Like I said, white or black he's probably my favourite. Mainly for the Marshall Mathers LP.
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #690 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I already said my Hip-Hop was limited, I just voted for my favourite. Like I'm sure a lot of people who voted Eminem have done, I think white or black he's one of the best anyway, so listening to a bunch of white other rappers, I may like them but I'd still prefer Eminem. I've heard about 3 of the ones on the poll. If people want to blindy vote Eminem as their favourite then there's nothing wrong with that. Like I said, white or black he's probably my favourite. Mainly for the Marshall Mathers LP.
right, you haven't heard nearly half of the list (and other is a huge option)

you can't make judgments without proper insight
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.