Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Is Jay Z a talented rapper?
Yes 17 60.71%
No 11 39.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Because it makes critics look hip.
ProggyMan is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

I don't really know enough about him to vote. All I know is that what little I have heard by him is utter shit.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

The Black Album is solid enough for me to say he's talented, but overall he's nothing special.
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

I think the mass media credits him with being a "lyrical genius" much in the same way (as ethan previously pointed out) kanye west gets credited

Simply because, when compared to souljah boy, three 6 mafia, lil wayne etc he is a genuis

But put him on the same stage with other qualified artists and he hardly holds up.

It probably didn't hurt his image that he knew Biggie.
Sparky is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 02:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
I think the mass media credits him with being a "lyrical genius" much in the same way (as ethan previously pointed out) kanye west gets credited

Simply because, when compared to souljah boy, three 6 mafia, lil wayne etc he is a genuis

But put him on the same stage with other qualified artists and he hardly holds up.

It probably didn't hurt his image that he knew Biggie.
Say wha'? A genius compare to Lil Wayne? Wayne may be no genius himself, but he can rhyme as good as Jay-Z that's for sure!
Rainard Jalen is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

People saying lil Wayne can rhyme is something i will never understand.
"old her to back it up
Like berp berp
And I made that ass jump
Like jerp jerp
And thats when she..."

Granted thats one example, but thats what i hear on the radio 3 times a day. I dont find the guy clever, original, interesting or any of the like, and i dont get why the press has all of a sudden granted him "rapper of the year" title.
Sparky is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Abuser
 
Wayfarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 570
Default

Talented? Sure.
That good? Naw.
Wayfarer is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
People saying lil Wayne can rhyme is something i will never understand.
"old her to back it up
Like berp berp
And I made that ass jump
Like jerp jerp
And thats when she..."

Granted thats one example, but thats what i hear on the radio 3 times a day. I dont find the guy clever, original, interesting or any of the like, and i dont get why the press has all of a sudden granted him "rapper of the year" title.
His competition is Kanye, 50 Cent and Jay-Z. I know I'd much rather listen to Lil Wayne than them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Why?
What makes him stand out?
Sparky is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

He's actually enjoyable in a comedic way and the other three aren't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.