Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Which will you pick!
Dr. Dre 71 45.22%
Ice Cube 57 36.31%
Eazy-E 21 13.38%
I am not a fan at all. 8 5.10%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

I don't dislike him, he's just a mediocre MC.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
Let it drip
 
Sneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,421
Default

MC Ren was hugely talented as well.

I'd go with Dre, E was good but due to tragedy didnt get the chance to fulfill his full potential, Cube had a couple of well above average albums in the early to mid 90s but has released some absolute ****e in recent years. Dre has consistently produced good hip hop for coming up 20 years now. If we're talking about who is the best rapper, Eazy-E just over Cube, Dre isnt a particularly outstanding MC
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
down the rabbit hole
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: the mountain called monkey
Posts: 764
Default

Tough call. Dr Dre has had a more significant impact on the music industry no doubt more than any of them. However, I think he is the worst rapper of the 3.
joyboyo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Riverton, Wyoming
Posts: 5
Default

Dr. Dre has been my favorite since I heard him. Nothing compares to his beats.
__________________
Mereblood's Blog
mereblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
down the rabbit hole
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: the mountain called monkey
Posts: 764
Default

Dr. Dre's son was found dead at 10am this morning in his room.
joyboyo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
Dr. Dre's son was found dead at 10am this morning in his room.
I read that earlier today. That's really sad.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #37 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,276
Default

Dr. Dre is the best of the 3, and that's not saying much. Voted that I'm not a fan, they're all pretty mediocre imo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:40 AM   #38 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
Dr. Dre is the best of the 3, and that's not saying much. Voted that I'm not a fan, they're all pretty mediocre imo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
Default

Dr. Dre has gotta be the best, wit out dre rap wouldnt be **** today, than it goes eazy e, wit out eazy we wouldnt know what real gangsta rap is, than ice cube, with out him we wouldnt kno today was a good day
cheney801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheney801 View Post
Dr. Dre has gotta be the best, wit out dre rap wouldnt be **** today, than it goes eazy e, wit out eazy we wouldnt know what real gangsta rap is, than ice cube, with out him we wouldnt kno today was a good day
qft
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.