Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #41 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,077
Default

To all the metal heads and haters:

Dude, how can you hate on rap?
I know probably because you listen to the local radio station and here 'Im the ****ing boss nigga rolling on dubs and ****ing bitches making money'
You are on the greatest source of new musical information you will ever find, so USE IT!
There are so many people willing to expand your musical aptitude. ****in open your ears and minds!!!!!

Go Google rhymesayers son. Maybe you can follow a path of enlightenment as you travel down the road of lyrics that will destoy your FACE! I love all music, you jst have to find they right artists in the genre.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
how could there be 100 great rap songs? I don't even know if there are 20. hell, i wouldn't call any rap song great tbh
Kill switch is ****
all your music ****ing sucks man!

































Didnt that make you feel a little hurt and angry?
Then dont do it little bro! Be happy that you have something to enjoy and believe in.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

DH, think of it like this. Metal you have a bassist and drummer, rhythm and percussion. You have your guitar and singer for pitch. Singer also does lyrics and sings.
A good emcee does all of this himself. To rap you are the rhythm section, you are the percussion, you are the tone, pitch, and singer. You're a whole band yourself. No metal band does that.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Go Google rhymesayers son. Maybe you can follow a path of enlightenment as you travel down the road of lyrics that will destoy your FACE! I love all music, you jst have to find they right artists in the genre.
They do got POS on their side.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:23 PM   #45 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
DH, think of it like this. Metal you have a bassist and drummer, rhythm and percussion. You have your guitar and singer for pitch. Singer also does lyrics and sings.
A good emcee does all of this himself. To rap you are the rhythm section, you are the percussion, you are the tone, pitch, and singer. You're a whole band yourself. No metal band does that.
Dude that's deep. Although it's only really true if you're the producer of the album also, unless I'm missing something.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #46 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Nah, I was going to add that producing your own album adds even another element of depth to your musical contributions, but and emcee alone can stand as all that. I'd listen to Talib Kweli acapella before I'd listen to Bullet for my Valentine.
But producers stand alone as one man bands too. I bet Petestrumentals sold more than Trivium ever has. Same reason. Then hip-hop combines all that win, fuuuuuck. It's an art form.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

rap is so boring, that's why i hate it. The best rap song is imo is ( 2pac - hold ya head up), but even it sounds just like the rest. Boring, and after a couple hundred plays i couldn't stand to listen to it anymore.
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #48 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Dude you've listened to way too little rap to start talking shit.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #49 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Dude you've listened to way too little rap to start talking shit.
dude, i've heard alot of rap. It is so boring. I'm sorry that you got all butt hurt about my opinion.


Here, listen to a song that displays great lyrics and emotion.

YouTube - Parkway Drive - Pandora
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
dude, i've heard alot of rap. It is so boring. I'm sorry that you got all butt hurt about my opinion.


Here, listen to a song that displays great lyrics and emotion.

YouTube - Parkway Drive - Pandora
Quit being a little twat man. If you dont like rap then GTFO out the rap forum that easy. I take back everything Ive ever said about helping you get laid! You dont deserve it, and especially since you put up that lame ass avatar.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.