Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #101 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

for a really funny article i'd read this. The first time i read it i thought it was a joke and was laughing very hard, than later i realized its actually not a joke and don't know what to say

GRAND THEFT AUBREY - DRAKE IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSE | NOISEY

Quote:
Drake walks into a bar. He's supposed to play FIFA against a stranger while 50 people yell obscene soccer chants behind them like it's a real soccer game. But the PlayStation breaks, and Drake can't play videogames anymore. So instead, he goes up to the bartender, buys a beer, uses it to salute the crowd, then leaves without taking a sip.
lol
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #102 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Tuscan Leather, Hold on we're Going Home, Started from the Bottom and Wu-Tang Forever are all bona fide bangers. If you think differently, I think you may be going in without an open mind. For what they are, they are all great tracks.


It's toss mate.



Quote:
Genuinely give this album a try as apart from maybe DJ, I find it hard to believe that any of you actually listened to it before writing it off.
Will do.

EDIT - 12 tracks in, the content is ****ing dripping wet .

Last edited by Fluff; 10-11-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Fluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #103 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Drake never has claimed to be the most technical or intricate MC, but he is a master of the basic fundamentals of what it takes to succeed in hip-hop. He doesn't go out of his way to over complicate his music or to try things he's not capable of doing, so I'd take Drake in that regard over the waves of new rappers who are trying to be socially conscious or experimentally lyrical with wack ass rhyming schemes any day.
He doesn't have to say he believes those things, it's a vibe, i mean he thinks he's making music more timeless than others, so obviously he believes his technique in some way better than others. Which is pretty wrong.

Quote:
Tuscan Leather, Hold on we're Going Home, Started from the Bottom and Wu-Tang Forever are all bona fide bangers. If you think differently, I think you may be going in without an open mind. For what they are, they are all great tracks.
"Hold On We're Going Home" i'll give you, especially since I don't have to hear him rap once, but "Started from the Bottom" is the epitome of wackness.

Quote:
Drake also has going for him that he doesn't need to rely on guest spots. Shit, over half of all 'mainstream' hip-hop albums over the last few years have actually included a Drake verse somewhere so if the people who're actually making and making a living from hip-hop appreciate what he brings to the table and you guys don't, I'd say it were you lot who're in the wrong on this one.
Wayne did it.

Quote:
Genuinely give this album a try as apart from maybe DJ, I find it hard to believe that any of you actually listened to it before writing it off. Imagine the shitstorm that would erupt if I wrote off Madvilliany without actually listening to it. Don't be mindless haters guys.
But I do have a basis for writing it off, judging by Drake's previous shittiness.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #104 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
"Hold On We're Going Home" i'll give you, especially since I don't have to hear him rap once, but "Started from the Bottom" is the epitome of wackness.
Thing is, SFTB is actually one of the standout tracks on here. What's with Drake's delivery as well? Sounds like he's pissed/mumbling/having a stroke on SFTB, there was another track he did it on as well. Annoying as fuck.

Agree with you w/ HOWGH btw, heard it and though it'd be very popular. Doesn't appeal to me though.

Quote:
But I do have a basis for writing it off, judging by Drake's previous shittiness.
Mate this CD is ****, I listened to the whole thing. The lyrics are disgustingly cringe. There was one in particular, can't remember which song but about 8 or 9, and he said something about his kids looking beautiful with fictional woman in the song . There's no sincerity to his music, it's so fucking forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Screw the haters, I loved this album and have been playing it non-stop.
In my eyes it's Drizzy's best effort to date. He strikes the perfect balance of his pseudo emotional half and his agitative rags to riches storytelling.
I love how people get so wound up by Drake, if you don't like him; don't listen.
lol, can't just dismiss everyone as a hater if they think this album is a pile of steaming shit.

Quote:
Drake never has claimed to be the most technical or intricate MC, but he is a master of the basic fundamentals of what it takes to succeed in hip-hop. He doesn't go out of his way to over complicate his music or to try things he's not capable of doing, so I'd take Drake in that regard over the waves of new rappers who are trying to be socially conscious or experimentally lyrical with wack ass rhyming schemes any day.
I'd take rappers who try to push the boundaries or better themselves over a bang average, bland as fuck pretentious pseudo-deep wet flannel, tbh.

Quote:
Drake also has going for him that he doesn't need to rely on guest spots. Shit, over half of all 'mainstream' hip-hop albums over the last few years have actually included a Drake verse somewhere so if the people who're actually making and making a living from hip-hop appreciate what he brings to the table and you guys don't, I'd say it were you lot who're in the wrong on this one.
Not really, though. Mainstream music is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, if someone wants to make a mainstream Hip-Pop album, do you get the best rapper on there or the one who will help you sell the most CD's/raise your profile? This is no different to all the cunts putting Bieber on their tracks. Drake is 'in' right now, that's why he's on all these tracks. But he's an average rapper at best.
Fluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #105 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
4gotmyPW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 63
Default

I like Drake
4gotmyPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #106 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

has anyone read the Drake The Type of...twitter account?

Here are a few of them in video form.



He has some lame ones in there but I still chuckled.

This meme is definitely one of my faves.







__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #107 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,353
Default

New album is amazing. I might be the only person on this whole site that thinks so but yeah, loving it.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #108 (permalink)
ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ
 
bulbasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 729
Default

i dig it. i gave into the rumors about it being throw out to fulfill cash money contract obligations, but i guess it really is just a mixtape. no tellin' and 6 man are my favorites for now
__________________
last.fm
bulbasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #109 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur View Post
i dig it. i gave into the rumors about it being throw out to fulfill cash money contract obligations, but i guess it really is just a mixtape. no tellin' and 6 man are my favorites for now
Bae. 6 Man is a definite highlight, I love Energy too.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:12 AM   #110 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
Default

New album can get quite repetitive, but No Tellin' >>>>
RohanRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.