Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #41 (permalink)
Get in ma belly
 
Salami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 1,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Sorry guys, I'm not quite sure what to think...I'm not a fan of drake; however, I have to admit I like the song Headlines....
"God, you are a philistine. What the hell do you think you're doing here?" () It doesn't matter if you like him or not, we have no right to tell you you're wrong. Enjoy MB, mate!
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

The Take Care album cover is cool, Marvin's Room is a pretty good song, and Practice is pretty hilarious in its context.

that is all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #43 (permalink)
Get in ma belly
 
Salami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 1,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
....The Take Care album cover is cool....
I love that fact that even if the album sucks, it's album art is still pretty rad!
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #44 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

It happens occasionally. I have yet to listen to it but i'm not a big Drake fan. I heard he's not as punchliney on this album, does anyone know if this is true?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #45 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

It has a few actually really good songs, the rest is just whiny rubbish and terrible club/radio songs. If it was cut 30 minutes shorter I would say 7.5/8 out of 10.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #46 (permalink)
Groupie
 
highoctane93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: sumtimes in a god awful world ;)
Posts: 44
Default

im enjoying the new album and i agree with SURELL practice is kinda amusing =)
__________________
*Remember, 50% of people are of below average intelligence*
highoctane93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8
Default

I like Drake, and I like Take Care. I don't listen to much hip-hop/rap; when I do, it's impossible for me to stomach strict rap. I like Drakes combination of singing and rapping (a good example of this is the song "Crew Love", even though The Weeknd is doing the singing that combination remains. "Headlines", too.). So that's my two cents.
chiaroscuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,279
Default

Drizzy Drake is a bitch ass nigga. That being said, he definitely knows what he's doing musically. Thank Me Later and Take Care are both straight swag
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #49 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

BIG GHOST CHRONICLES: Big Ghost Presents: The Take Care Review
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Anybody catch the lyric from "headlines", it goes something like "soap opera rappers all these niggas sound like all my children"

This has to be self-aware right? Because as far as i know Drake is the only rapper who has actually been on a soap opera
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.