Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #71 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default



But, yeah his ridiculous fanboys who think his lyrics are profound annoy me. In fact, there are quite a few artists I didn't give much of a chance to because their fans annoy me.
I don't think anyone would despise the Insane Clown Posse as much as they do without those damn Juggalos.

Like I said though, I think I could get behind him as a pop star, downloaded Take Care earlier and preparing to listen to it tonight. If it sucks, I've got the polar opposite Kiss The Anus of a Black Cat to fall back on.

Last edited by 14232949; 12-03-2012 at 03:12 PM.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,620
Default

lol, that picture.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #73 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Take Care was only good for a beat he got from XX guy and Rihanna's chorus. Rihanna i can get behind (no not like that), Drake straight wack
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #74 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
FrankBeardjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 52
Default

he is far from worth roasting at this point, there are to many others that are way worse.

at this point its safe to start roasting the people supporting this. If you really must know what is ruining the industry it is the fact that people no longer purchase music, so spending an entire year in the studio to produce a worth while product is out of the question, so quality declined with the change from purchasing albums to just listening for free, and wouldnt you know that during this change, recording from home, music videos and albums and sharing them with the whole world became easier, so now, we have come to a cross road where there is no longer an invisible crap filter that was provided by the huge expense to record and promote an album, now labels are picking people with followers and throwing a few bucks behind them and giving them creative control, and our society will buy bottled water thats name brand is naive backwards if the right amount of trendy people did it, we will litterally support anything that is on tv, snap back hats, skinny jeans and muscle beach tank tops are in style for grown men. iphones are far from the best phone on the market by far the most expensive initially and monthly yet they are everywhere because of good marketing, and they became a trend... do not point your fingers at drake, point them at your self and all of us, we let it happen, by either buying this crap, watching it, or stealing the music we did like.

The only way to change would be for us to all start supporting in anyway we could talented artist. and ignoring hollywood. so, there is no hope, at all.
FrankBeardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #75 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

sure thats an argument

I'd say the fact labels are willing to try anyone with a following has also produced some better music

you say we are supporting it by buying it and also by not buying it so idk bro
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #76 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBeardjr View Post
he is far from worth roasting at this point, there are to many others that are way worse.

at this point its safe to start roasting the people supporting this. If you really must know what is ruining the industry it is the fact that people no longer purchase music, so spending an entire year in the studio to produce a worth while product is out of the question, so quality declined with the change from purchasing albums to just listening for free, and wouldnt you know that during this change, recording from home, music videos and albums and sharing them with the whole world became easier, so now, we have come to a cross road where there is no longer an invisible crap filter that was provided by the huge expense to record and promote an album, now labels are picking people with followers and throwing a few bucks behind them and giving them creative control, and our society will buy bottled water thats name brand is naive backwards if the right amount of trendy people did it, we will litterally support anything that is on tv, snap back hats, skinny jeans and muscle beach tank tops are in style for grown men. iphones are far from the best phone on the market by far the most expensive initially and monthly yet they are everywhere because of good marketing, and they became a trend... do not point your fingers at drake, point them at your self and all of us, we let it happen, by either buying this crap, watching it, or stealing the music we did like.

The only way to change would be for us to all start supporting in anyway we could talented artist. and ignoring hollywood. so, there is no hope, at all.
I was standing applauding at this stage. Very much off topic, but a good rant making some valid points indeed.
Consider it sigged.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #77 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
FrankBeardjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
you say we are supporting it by buying it and also by not buying it so idk bro
sorry sometimes I do not punctuate correctly or I use poor word choices,

If you buy the "crap" you are supporting it.
if you watch the "crap" you are supporting it.
if you spread the "crap" by sharing it you are supporting it.
even if you visit their videos to talk bad about it, you are upping their hits and making them more visible, there for you are supporting them, the "crap"

And my advice to buy, was geared towards artist that you feel are talented which of course will be relative, but just listening to them on spotify or youtube, or downloading their album isnt enough, find a way to put money in their pockets, for creating stuff you stand behind, most of us are very passionate about music if we bothered joining this forum, so if you hear an album that blows your mind, make sure you purchase it, because we are way out numbered, the brainless credit card wielding masses are buying every thing they are being fed, a handful of the artist on the radio today, would of been questioned of their mental capacity and education level 10 years ago, they seriously sound worse than 50 tyson(look it up) .

And I agree that good has come of this new formula, but its getting harder and harder to find it. As most of what you are hitting play for these days doesn't deserve a second listen.


sorry for thread jacking, for the record Drake is awful, carry on.
FrankBeardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #78 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
FrigginParadox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY/LA
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBeardjr View Post
sorry sometimes I do not punctuate correctly or I use poor word choices,

If you buy the "crap" you are supporting it.
if you watch the "crap" you are supporting it.
if you spread the "crap" by sharing it you are supporting it.
even if you visit their videos to talk bad about it, you are upping their hits and making them more visible, there for you are supporting them, the "crap"


And my advice to buy, was geared towards artist that you feel are talented which of course will be relative, but just listening to them on spotify or youtube, or downloading their album isnt enough, find a way to put money in their pockets, for creating stuff you stand behind, most of us are very passionate about music if we bothered joining this forum, so if you hear an album that blows your mind, make sure you purchase it, because we are way out numbered, the brainless credit card wielding masses are buying every thing they are being fed, a handful of the artist on the radio today, would of been questioned of their mental capacity and education level 10 years ago, they seriously sound worse than 50 tyson(look it up) .

And I agree that good has come of this new formula, but its getting harder and harder to find it. As most of what you are hitting play for these days doesn't deserve a second listen.


sorry for thread jacking, for the record Drake is awful, carry on.
I can agree becuase if you talk bad about him there will always be someone who decides to check out how bad he is and they can end up liking him and being a fan and supporting. Example-

When i first heard of Tyler the Creator i was told he sucks and Yonkers sucks. SO i went home and gave it a listen to see how bad it was and I actually liked it and became a huge OF fan. If that person didnt banter about how bad Tyler was i probably would not have checked him out (He eventually blew up so i woulda knew him anyway but lets say he didnt) So i udnerstand what your saying
And yeah Drake is really bad, Ive heard very few verses from him ive liked.. maybe 3 top?
FrigginParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #79 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBeardjr View Post
sorry sometimes I do not punctuate correctly or I use poor word choices,

If you buy the "crap" you are supporting it.
if you watch the "crap" you are supporting it.
if you spread the "crap" by sharing it you are supporting it.
even if you visit their videos to talk bad about it, you are upping their hits and making them more visible, there for you are supporting them, the "crap"

And my advice to buy, was geared towards artist that you feel are talented which of course will be relative, but just listening to them on spotify or youtube, or downloading their album isnt enough, find a way to put money in their pockets, for creating stuff you stand behind, most of us are very passionate about music if we bothered joining this forum, so if you hear an album that blows your mind, make sure you purchase it, because we are way out numbered, the brainless credit card wielding masses are buying every thing they are being fed, a handful of the artist on the radio today, would of been questioned of their mental capacity and education level 10 years ago, they seriously sound worse than 50 tyson(look it up) .

And I agree that good has come of this new formula, but its getting harder and harder to find it. As most of what you are hitting play for these days doesn't deserve a second listen.


sorry for thread jacking, for the record Drake is awful, carry on.
I don't know man. It's like not a discernible difference between the ratio of good/bad music before the internet and good/bad music post internet. Sure it has more publicity(so does everything because of the internet) but artists like Drake are a product of the studio system, same way pop artists have been manufactured for decades.

You say modern day "pop" rap would be questioned a decade ago, I disagree. Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark, Sir Mix A Lot, Rico Suave, plenty of laughable acts that are just as bad, if not worse than a lot of modern crap.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #80 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
FrankBeardjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
You say modern day "pop" rap would be questioned a decade ago, I disagree. Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark, Sir Mix A Lot, Rico Suave, plenty of laughable acts that are just as bad, if not worse than a lot of modern crap.
not a bad point.

but those acts were not from a decade ago. the 80's was a bad time for music and cars and fashion... lol I thought we got past it, but I guess we are just running out of good ideas.
FrankBeardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.