Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #61 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Ice Cube sucks as a rapper? Good gawd man what's the world come to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #62 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 752
Default

You avoided so many of my questions.

My point is that everyone thinks that's what rap is about now and they're wrong and they're stupid for thinking that. It's the same as everyone thinking metal is all about screaming really loud and playing instruments really fast. It's just a stupid stereotype because people are to ignorant to branch out and actually try and listen. And the rappers selling this stuff are far from stupid (they know how to make millions) they're just completely uncreative, and talentless as lyricists (therefore talentless as rappers).

That doesn't make gangsta rap bad.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #63 (permalink)
On A Rampage
 
Captain Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You avoided so many of my questions.

My point is that everyone thinks that's what rap is about now and they're wrong and they're stupid for thinking that. It's the same as everyone thinking metal is all about screaming really loud and playing instruments really fast. It's just a stupid stereotype because people are to ignorant to branch out and actually try and listen. And the rappers selling this stuff are far from stupid (they know how to make millions) they're just completely uncreative, and talentless as lyricists (therefore talentless as rappers).

That doesn't make gangsta rap bad.
yeah you're right. Being uncreative and talentless as rappers actually makes it good rap music.

i didn't avoid any of your questions. I've answered all of your questions you obviously just didn't read the answers first time around or didn't want to accept them and therefore wasted my time as well as your own by asking them again.

Keep supporting gangster rap, it seems to suit you and you seem to enjoy it.

"Going dumb's not really a movement, you're really going dumb"
__________________

"If we're all merely players in a play on this great stage,
the problem is the script writers ain't on the same page,
I echo through the mountain when I'm singing in the air,
from my lab a lad with lavish lyrics living in his lair."



"Wake up and listen, hear what's not for the public's ears
Pinocchio poets played by profiting puppeteers"
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #64 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 752
Default

No, that makes the rappers bad rappers, and the music that THEY make bad music.

"Hey! The Jonas Brothers SUCK man! ALL ROCK WITH POP TENDENCIES IS HORRIBLE!!!"

Yeah, you have. You haven't told me what's stupid about guns, drugs, or prostitutes.

You say gangsta rap sucks and then say some of it is good. Those are contradicting statements, how do I make that anymore clear?

You're denying a lot of hip hop's history, and when you asked me what came from gangsta rap, and I gave you a list which encompasses A LOT of hip hop, you ignored it entirely.

You said that "acting like a gangsta" is stupid when it's FICTION for ENTERTAINMENT. Holy Hell, man, I guess movies are stupid, I guess ANY rap that's not literal is stupid. I guess anything that's fictional is stupid.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #65 (permalink)
On A Rampage
 
Captain Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 317
Default

you either ignored everything i said (that answers all of those questions) on purpose or you really are stupid (in which case listening to lil weezy pop sum gangsta a$$ beatz homi3 is probably the best thing for you).

my last words to you (since obviously this is going nowhere and i'm growing bored of having to repeat myself).


"Consumed with the most ignorant **** you can think of
'Cause it's been dangled in front their faces like a carrot to an ass
But still they know better, they're just too scared to be outcasts

**** presidents, what do you do with your power, your control?
Control yourself
Going dumb's not really a movement, you're really going dumb
Look at the **** they play on the radio
And got the nerve to wonder why rappers keep dying in the streets
Stop putting 2pac and Biggie on magazines until you understand the significance of why they died

Don't ya'll get it? Humans are bigger than they're supposed to be
Check yourself before you come out the house holdin' a piece,
Runnin' off at the mouth, sayin' trendy **** like “yes sir” and “ye ye”
Like it's the only thing you know
Yea, that **** is fun but don't let it be the only thing you know
Ultimately, it won't get you anywhere and trying to get out of here
Leave these bad lands behind, get in touch with my spirit, my body, and mind
Cuz I'm divine
And if no one ever told you you were, well you are...

... and that's it"
__________________

"If we're all merely players in a play on this great stage,
the problem is the script writers ain't on the same page,
I echo through the mountain when I'm singing in the air,
from my lab a lad with lavish lyrics living in his lair."



"Wake up and listen, hear what's not for the public's ears
Pinocchio poets played by profiting puppeteers"
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #66 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 752
Default

Don't start being a dick. You didn't answer the question, and now you're avoiding it. On top of that, you're being condescending.

Not to mention, it's hilarious that you assume that all I listen to is gangsta rap and that I'm some huge Lil' Wayne fan.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #67 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
replies in bold as usual.



I am blaming them. But the artist doesn't have to write about that. They're choosing money over their passion. They're choosing to conform to what will make them money rather than staying true to themselves. It's the rappers fault just as much as the idiotic fans who actually buy this crap.

And T.I is definitley gangster rap, what else would you class him as? He sucks as a lyricist to. Name me an american mainstream rapper who doesn't.


Biggest problem really is that americans refuse to listen to rap unless it was made in america. I hate dividing rap by nationality but right now the only rap i can listen to is australian. Their rappers have the passion and the talent that american rappers had before it went from being a culture to a business.
do you know tech n9ne, big l, etc personally? just because you don't like the music they make doesn't mean they're conforming. if that is the music they think is the best use of their talent, that's their god-given right. you don't hold domain over what is and is not good source material. i understand the point you're trying to get across, but you sound incredibly pretentious in doing so.

as for TI, you're exactly right. He is MAINSTREAM rap. just because somebody raps about sex and drugs does not make it gangster rap. there is a large difference. and his lyrical ability is irrelevant to this conversation.
dark shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #68 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark shadow View Post
do you know tech n9ne, big l, etc personally? just because you don't like the music they make doesn't mean they're conforming. if that is the music they think is the best use of their talent, that's their god-given right. you don't hold domain over what is and is not good source material. i understand the point you're trying to get across, but you sound incredibly pretentious in doing so.

as for TI, you're exactly right. He is MAINSTREAM rap. just because somebody raps about sex and drugs does not make it gangster rap. there is a large difference. and his lyrical ability is irrelevant to this conversation.
exactly, gangster rap and our contemporary radio rap is not one in the same. associating the current rap scene with big pun, big l, or any other true gangster rapper is both libelous and retarded.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #69 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Name me an american mainstream rapper who doesn't.
American Mainstream Rappers That Don't Suck:

Black Thought
KiD CuDi
Wale
Shwayze
Beastie Boys
Busta Rhymes (cross him off, because you think he's talentless)
Q-Tip
Chamillionaire
DMX
Jay-Z
Mike Shinoda (Fort Minor)
Method Man
Redman
Kanye West
Lupe Fiasco
Andre 3000
Big Boi
Raekwon
Talib Kweli

Edit: I'll wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
No. Vin Diesel movies suck, he's a terrible actor. But they are entertaining. How can you not tell the difference? i might love boy bands but it doesn't make them good musicians. Big Pun, Big L, Big Daddy Kane, Royce 5'9, Tech N9ne. These are all very talented rappers but they don't seem to respect the talent they have. Instead of trying to do something with their music they're just trying to fit around the usual crap because it sells. Where as Ice Cube, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes can be entertaining but are talentless as rappers. They're just great actors and models they know how to make music sell, they don't know how to rap.
If you've heard Tech's latest album, you will know that he isn't trying to conform, as much as a lot of people think he is. (Even I thought he was, with Sickology 101)
__________________

Last edited by Kirby; 12-06-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:12 AM   #70 (permalink)
On A Rampage
 
Captain Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
exactly, gangster rap and our contemporary radio rap is not one in the same. associating the current rap scene with big pun, big l, or any other true gangster rapper is both libelous and retarded.
are you a ****in retard? i already stated that big l, big pun, big daddy kane ect are/were talented lyricists.

and the **** you hear on the radio now IS gangster rap it's just not what it used to be it has changed into this mindless drivel we hear today. this is my whole ****in point.

i swear people just skim through posts now.

- Captain Awesome is no longer replying to this foolishness.
__________________

"If we're all merely players in a play on this great stage,
the problem is the script writers ain't on the same page,
I echo through the mountain when I'm singing in the air,
from my lab a lad with lavish lyrics living in his lair."



"Wake up and listen, hear what's not for the public's ears
Pinocchio poets played by profiting puppeteers"
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.