Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #931 (permalink)
Groupie
 
SteelyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oxford, England
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
About time I did an updated list...

10 - Black Thought
9 - Mos Def
8 - GZA
7 - Aceylone
6 - Brother Ali
5 - Doseone
4 - MF DOOM
3 - Ghostface
2 - EL-P
1 - Aesop Rock
These are some attractive opinions right here
SteelyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #932 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

As of today, in no particular order:

Mr. Lif
Busdriver
Ice Cube
Kool Keith
Gravediggaz
Necro
Madlib
El-P
Big L
Aesop Rock
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #933 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
About time I did an updated list...

10 - Black Thought
9 - Mos Def
8 - GZA
7 - Aceylone
6 - Brother Ali
5 - Doseone
4 - MF DOOM
3 - Ghostface
2 - EL-P
1 - Aesop Rock
*gives Goofle a high five!*

Hey Jansz, what do you think about Gravediggaz second album?
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #934 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

Ghostface probably has one of the Top 5 discographies in Hip Hop. How overall content - added to obvious lyrical ability - us what pushes him up there.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #935 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Hey Jansz, what do you think about Gravediggaz second album?
It's okay, but I'm not crazy about it. The first one is really the reason they make the list for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #936 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Ghostface probably has one of the Top 5 discographies in Hip Hop. How overall content - added to obvious lyrical ability - us what pushes him up there.
I love GF's discography, but you're a big fan of his lyrics? Alot of his lyrics are non-sense to me. Not to say they aren't completely hilarious and for some reason have a LOT of food references. But just look at "Nutmeg", if you can decipher that song, you're a genius.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #937 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

I mean more his delivery and how it sounds. He isn't super cryptic of course.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #938 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,453
Default

i think i might finally get a E-40 album that dudes lyric flow is just stupid crazy like Alien like i dont even think hes human
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #939 (permalink)
Chocolate Homunculus
 
Phantom Limb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i think i might finally get a E-40 album that dudes lyric flow is just stupid crazy like Alien like i dont even think hes human
E-40's pretty cool, man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Hip Hop generally bores me now I just listen to stuff I know will be slightly interesting.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #940 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
I mean more his delivery and how it sounds. He isn't super cryptic of course.
Yeah, that makes more sense. He does a very energetic and charismatic delivery. What would you say your top 3 Ghostface albums are OTHER than Supreme and Ironman? (just cause I'm curious what your other fav Ghostface albums are :p)
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.