Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
super cool
 
BTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
He has potential in my books. Sure, he has some radio friendly tracks and he sounds like Wiz but I think him and Wiz are cool/friends. I will be looking forward to his future releases to see if he can clean up a bit of the areas where he is a bit weak.

I'm going to be doing a mini review of Best Day Ever in my Mixtape Weekly thread. I just listened to it yesterday finally.

This track was one of my favorites

What areas do you think he is weak in? I thought Best Day ever was awful, and "Wear My Hat" was embarassingly bad off of it. it had a sick beat though.
__________________
BTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTown787 View Post
What areas do you think he is weak in? I thought Best Day ever was awful, and "Wear My Hat" was embarassingly bad off of it. it had a sick beat though.
it's really just one area and that is his cadence/flow. Sometimes it sounds like he is tripping over words and going against the beat.

He has some awesome people making beats for him.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 752
Default

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

listening to some of the songs here i thought he was eh, but then i saw his XXL Magazine Freshman 2011 Freestyle and his freestyle with some of the other 2011 Freshman. not amazing, but pretty good.



Mac starts about 1:00 in
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

When is this period of self-promotion through obviously fake freestyles going to end. Why not call it something else? I don't mind the verses, just why even go through the bs of calling them freestyles.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
When is this period of self-promotion through obviously fake freestyles going to end. Why not call it something else? I don't mind the verses, just why even go through the bs of calling them freestyles.
I feel like Mac was coming off the top in the second video and Twist as well but everything else felt like it was written and they rehearsed that stuff.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

yeah, i think it's not too much of a secret that most of the freestyles in those vids are pre-written, but the thing with freestyles(or at least i'm told) is that a number of rappers use verses/lyrics that they couldn't use in any real songs, aka stuff like clever punchlines/cool sounding flows, whereas saying something "off the dome"(aka making up stuff on the spot) is something others choose to do.

idk, i usually rate freestyles on how clever the lyrics they made were/delivery instead of whether or not they can instantly have a snappy line(but if you can go off the dome well i have much respect for that), cause some guys might not be the quickest witted at that moment, but if given some time can have some really hot verses to show.
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
yeah, i think it's not too much of a secret that most of the freestyles in those vids are pre-written, but the thing with freestyles(or at least i'm told) is that a number of rappers use verses/lyrics that they couldn't use in any real songs, aka stuff like clever punchlines/cool sounding flows, whereas saying something "off the dome"(aka making up stuff on the spot) is something others choose to do.

idk, i usually rate freestyles on how clever the lyrics they made were/delivery instead of whether or not they can instantly have a snappy line(but if you can go off the dome well i have much respect for that), cause some guys might not be the quickest witted at that moment, but if given some time can have some really hot verses to show.
based off of that freshman cypher who did you like the best?
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

based off of the cypher, i think Mac took the cake, although i'll have to watch it again to verify(can't do it now cause i'm in class, lol)
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
based off of the cypher, i think Mac took the cake, although i'll have to watch it again to verify(can't do it now cause i'm in class, lol)
Imo, Diggy burned them all with Mac following up closely for the second spot.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.