Calling All Wanna-be Producers - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Souls of Sound Sailors
 
Schizotypic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mojave
Posts: 759
Default

Dude I just started a few months ago, but It'd be cool if some of you can give me some tips. I only have like a minute clip of stuff so far (literally I haven't saved anything else), and I'll post that.

Stone Birds: fuck yes, I'm very impressed. I could probably learn a lot. When did you start on FL? What do you want to sound like?

Conan: I had no idea you made beats, I like them. What do you use? When did you start?

Dark777: I could probably learn a lot from you too. Very nice beat.

SampleDifferent+CUT+Bitcrusher(Editevents).mp3 I didn't want to upload it onto youtube or soundcloud so you'all have to d/l it.

Last edited by Schizotypic; 04-23-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Chocolate Homunculus
 
Phantom Limb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,293
Default

Headhunter by Mr. Dark777 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This one is pretty dope.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Hip Hop generally bores me now I just listen to stuff I know will be slightly interesting.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Chocolate Homunculus
 
Phantom Limb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizotypic View Post
Dude I just started a few months ago, but It'd be cool if some of you can give me some tips. I only have like a minute clip of stuff so far (literally I haven't saved anything else), and I'll post that.

SampleDifferent+CUT+Bitcrusher(Editevents).mp3 I didn't want to upload it onto youtube or soundcloud so you'all have to d/l it.
That was really sweet. It sounded like some crazy dubstep or something. If you have more you should record it cause i'd like to hear it. Also, what program do you use?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Hip Hop generally bores me now I just listen to stuff I know will be slightly interesting.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Souls of Sound Sailors
 
Schizotypic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mojave
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abearmauledme View Post
That was really sweet. It sounded like some crazy dubstep or something. If you have more you should record it cause i'd like to hear it. Also, what program do you use?
I'm using FL Studio. I've only been practicing a few months am and at the very beggening levels. I don't have MIDI ketboard so I can't use Reason without using Rewire and using it via FL, which is restricting to say the least. I need to learn A LOT about music theory (semitones, cents, chord progressions, sheet music, etc), rhythm, making good drum beats (I suck), modulating pitch and other things with wobbles (this falls under the category of "the million things I need to learn to use FL), SAMPLING (hate it can't do it at all working on it vigorously), and let's just say a ****ton of other stuff... basically, slowly goes the snail.

Thank you for the positive feedback though, I love to hear it. =) Unfortanutly I just erased everything I have ever really done on FL (including what I uploaded), so until I start saving my files again (haven't for a while) I'm out of material. Give me about a year and I'm sure I'll have something and be much better.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Desinigga
 
CHCl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 217
Default

I'm trying to make a beat for the first time and it's.... not going well. I have a 15 second beat so far but I was wondering how I could possibly extend it without it becoming tiresome.
CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
Souls of Sound Sailors
 
Schizotypic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mojave
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCl3 View Post
I'm trying to make a beat for the first time and it's.... not going well. I have a 15 second beat so far but I was wondering how I could possibly extend it without it becoming tiresome.
If your using FL Studio you can always sends me a PM for help, and hopefully vice versa. What to you mean by extend it? If you want it to repeat that's one thing, if you want to add to it that's another. Also it depends on what your making your beat with.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abearmauledme View Post
Alot of good stuff on here but I think this one's my favourite. That flute sound adds alot to it.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
Desinigga
 
CHCl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizotypic View Post
If your using FL Studio you can always sends me a PM for help, and hopefully vice versa. What to you mean by extend it? If you want it to repeat that's one thing, if you want to add to it that's another. Also it depends on what your making your beat with.
I'm using Virtual DJ.

I was wondering how I can loop it cleanly. I'm trying to do it but always get a silent pause that lasts about half a second. I made the beat using a sample of one song and mixing it with another sample.
CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
Souls of Sound Sailors
 
Schizotypic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mojave
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCl3 View Post
I'm using Virtual DJ.

I was wondering how I can loop it cleanly. I'm trying to do it but always get a silent pause that lasts about half a second. I made the beat using a sample of one song and mixing it with another sample.
usually when looping yo can see the sound wave. I would try and cut the sound wave in a place where it will connect to the beginning of the loop easily. I would look up on forums how and youtube tutorials how to avoid clicks.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
myspace.com/stonebirdies
 
Stone Birds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Conor Oberst Was/is Here
Posts: 1,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizotypic View Post
Dude I just started a few months ago, but It'd be cool if some of you can give me some tips. I only have like a minute clip of stuff so far (literally I haven't saved anything else), and I'll post that.

Stone Birds: fuck yes, I'm very impressed. I could probably learn a lot. When did you start on FL? What do you want to sound like?

Conan: I had no idea you made beats, I like them. What do you use? When did you start?

Dark777: I could probably learn a lot from you too. Very nice beat.

SampleDifferent+CUT+Bitcrusher(Editevents).mp3 I didn't want to upload it onto youtube or soundcloud so you'all have to d/l it.
i'm confused what are you replying to? i started fruity loops last summer but i also use garageband, Music Creator LE, audacity, kristal (stopped using after i got music creator LE), i basically wanna sound like whatever i wanna sound like usually a mixture of a bunch of genres and styles i like.
__________________
//\\//\\/\\/\/\/\\\\\\\\///\/\/\/\/\\////\/\\\\\///\V

//\\//\\/\\/\/\/\\\\\\\\///\/\/\/\/\\////\/\\\\\///\V

[Link removed by mod, no advertising] ... Damn those mods are always gettin ya :)
Stone Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.