Deconstructing Matious - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Matious, after you comment on Yelawolf then we will move on to two more.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

All these people agreeing with me is awkard, not used to this ****.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

Yelawolf
He annunciates every ****ing syllable so much. That's just a little personal pet peeve tho lol.

A lot of his music seems to be car focused, or at least labeled as such-pop the trunk, daddy's lambo, trunk muzic, box chevy. So far he has shown a knack for making gucci-inspired trunk related white trash music, but not much else.

Having Drama (fantasy factory) produce seemed like the perfect move to cement his skater-boi fanbase.Speaking of which, producing can't be too hard these days if that ****er can do it..

Im going to throw the race card into the mix and say if this guy was black he would go completely unnoticed. The monolithic lex luger/gucci bass heavy sound is something hundreds of new artists use every month.

Honestly though, I don't out right hate this guy and would say he has promise if he wasn't already 30-something years old..
With the help of slim shady he will make music everybody except me will love.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #34 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunechiBaby View Post
And no he is not the "same artist" as Wayne at all...
Exactly. Being on the same label doesn't make them the same. They have completely different styles, cadence, delivery and content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d
I mean, who decided that the kid in the wheelchair from Degrassi needed to become a mainstream rap star?
Someone's occupation has no bearing on their musical ability, or lack thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d
Why are you READING a 'freestyle' over the radio?" That was enough for me... reading a pre-written rap and telling people on the radio he's freestyling it.
There are 2 types of freestyles. On can be pre-written and used to demonstrate skill, not touching on any subject in particular. This was the ORIGINAL idea behind a freestyle, that it is free of any certain style or boundaries. The other type of freestyle is "off-the-top," which is what freestyle seems to have become synonomous with as of late.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
why is that?
more cohesive and overall more interesting to me song and production wise. i liked the first for it's spacey feel, but this one has more to offer with that. as for lyrics, Cudi's always been a meh kind of rapper.
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #36 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Exactly. Being on the same label doesn't make them the same. They have completely different styles, cadence, delivery and content.
no they don't


Quote:
Someone's occupation has no bearing on their musical ability, or lack thereof.
Sure it does

Quote:
There are 2 types of freestyles. On can be pre-written and used to demonstrate skill, not touching on any subject in particular. This was the ORIGINAL idea behind a freestyle, that it is free of any certain style or boundaries. The other type of freestyle is "off-the-top," which is what freestyle seems to have become synonomous with as of late.
It's actually the other way around. As of late it has become acceptable to be obviously memorized or written, in the 90's most artists when put in the spotlight would go "off the dome"
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
no they don't
They sound absolutely nothing alike. Just because they share the same label and do some collaborations does not relegate them to sounding alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious
Sure it does
No, it doesn't. How does portraying a paraplegic teenager on a teen soap opera have any bearing on his musical ability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious
It's actually the other way around. As of late it has become acceptable to be obviously memorized or written, in the 90's most artists when put in the spotlight would go "off the dome"
Either definition of "freestyle" is correct, which is what I was telling Mrd00d, regardless of prevalence.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
They sound absolutely nothing alike. Just because they share the same label and do some collaborations does not relegate them to sounding alike.
You don't have ears or a brain that is able to make connections between artists if you don't hear the similarities. I could understand if you said the inflexions in his voice are different, but to say they sound "absolutely nothing alike" is something i think most drake fans will even disagree with.
Quote:

No, it doesn't. How does portraying a paraplegic teenager on a teen soap opera have any bearing on his musical ability?
Well, in the case of my argument (he sucks and is fake) it goes to show that any actor or entertainer, with the help of a top tier studio can be a rapper. Imagine Eddie Murphy's "my girl wants to party all the time" except it's drake and the standard for rap is so terrible that people don't think his music is a joke.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #39 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
You don't have ears or a brain that is able to make connections between artists if you don't hear the similarities. I could understand if you said the inflexions in his voice are different, but to say they sound "absolutely nothing alike" is something i think most drake fans will even disagree with.
They "sound alike" in the same way that all rappers "sound alike," if that's what you're getting at. I obviously have a functioning brain and ears, no need to make insinuating insults. They rap about different topics, their voices sound nothing alike and their timing is different. What is your justification for their likeness? That they're both black rappers, or that they both suck in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious
Well, in the case of my argument (he sucks and is fake) it goes to show that any actor or entertainer, with the help of a top tier studio can be a rapper. Imagine Eddie Murphy's "my girl wants to party all the time" except it's drake and the standard for rap is so terrible that people don't think his music is a joke.
I don't like Drake either, but his career as an actor has nothing to do with it. It may have opened more doors for him, but he would still be a sh*tty rapper either way.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,279
Default

I like Drake, and Mac Miller (who you haven't gotten to yet), but I pretty much agree with everything you've said, matious. Question: What's your opinion on Khalifa?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.