Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
Lulz. Eazy-E was the master faker of the group, he didn't even write his own material.
But he was the one who bought their studio time with crack money. He wrote his lyrics later anyway.

Btw, from what i've heard, Dre beats are extremely overrated.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
#based
 
EvilChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: (Near) London, England
Posts: 437
Default

I love my Beats. Best headphones I have ever owned, and despite being big (I have the Studio HD Beats, in red) they still look sleek in design. There are no other over ear cans I'd ever dream of wearing in public, because they generally look shíte and dorky. They might not sound as good as other brands (having never owned Bose or Sennheisers I cant judge) but there is no-one that could convince me that for the happiness Dre Beats have brought me they arent worth the money, and anyone who slates them without using them day to day is a jealous dick.

Dre's music wasn't too bad either.

He needs to lay off the Steroids though

__________________
Last.FM
EvilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
But he was the one who bought their studio time with crack money. He wrote his lyrics later anyway.

Btw, from what i've heard, Dre beats are extremely overrated.
I've only heard good things about the headphones, but I'll never experience them first hand, just don't have the money.

Yeah, he wrote his solo material during the last year of his life, but it was ****.
NWA went **** after Ice Cube walked anyway.

Okay, Eazy-E assembled the group, but that doesn't make him a good rapper, in any way, shape or form.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Not the headphones, his actual beats for artists. I haven't listened to enough Eazy to say whether his solo was bad or not, but i've heard it was fine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Not the headphones, his actual beats for artists. I haven't listened to enough Eazy to say whether his solo was bad or not, but i've heard it was fine.
Oh, my bad lol.
Well, I've personally always regarded Dre's beats to be better than his rapping, but that being said, neither are exactly ground breaking.
And, there has always been the question of how much he actually contributes towards producing tracks, and how much is ghost produced.

Eazy was the weakest MC of NWA by a country mile, his solo material isn't worth checking out, I'd recommend Ice Cube & MC Ren though.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hoof123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cornwall, UK
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChuck View Post
He needs to lay off the Steroids though
Lol, he is massive ain't he!

Personally, I'd buy better sound quality over looks anyday, but I am a producer and a sound engineering student, so that kinda thing is important to me.
hoof123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Just because he works with other producers doesn't automatically mean he has ghost producers and he just steals their work.

Yes, with 2001 he worked with Scott Storch and this other guy.

Over the years , he still has made some pretty good beats for Em, The Game, 50 Cent and Busta Rhymes.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hoof123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cornwall, UK
Posts: 87
Default

[QUOTE=djchameleon;1101155]Just because he works with other producers doesn't automatically mean he has ghost producers and he just steals their work.QUOTE]

I agree, theres is a clear distinction between collaboration and ghost production, even if the collaborater isn't directly acknowledged. Though I'm sure that most producers, Scott Storch included that worked with Dre would've been credited in the album sleeve notes... I can't say for certain because I've never owned a physical copy of 2001.
hoof123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Yeah, they were given credit the other guy I couldn't remember is Mel-Man. I had to look it up.

Scott Storch got writing credits as well.

There is nothing wrong with co-producing and collaborating with others.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
Oh, my bad lol.
Well, I've personally always regarded Dre's beats to be better than his rapping, but that being said, neither are exactly ground breaking.
And, there has always been the question of how much he actually contributes towards producing tracks, and how much is ghost produced.

Eazy was the weakest MC of NWA by a country mile, his solo material isn't worth checking out, I'd recommend Ice Cube & MC Ren though.
I couldn't disagree more. I think ITS ON 187 KILLA and EAZY DUZ IT, are both classic rap albums similar in vain to Amerikkkas most wanted and The Chronic. I like all of the aforementioned rappers and think their skill and versality is very equal if anything. And Eazy wasn't even gonna rap he was there for bankroll until he laid a track down waiting for Cube and Wren to show up. He was so skilled and good they had to put him on the record. Weakest by a country mile? Solo material not worth checking out? You lost me.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.